ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 389 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
You can tell what printing you have by the number on the inside cover at the bottom of your NEC.

If the Number 1 is shown, you have the first printing, and if it is missing and you see a Number 2 you have the second printing....

http://www.nfpa.org/PDF/Errata70-02-1.pdf?src=necdigest

http://www.nfpa.org/PDF/Errata70-02-2.pdf?src=necdigest

http://www.nfpa.org/PDF/NECHT110.26(A)Errata.pdf?src=necdigest

http://www.nfpa.org/PDF/TIA70-02-1.pdf?src=necdigest

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 03-06-2003).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

W
Hi Joe,

I got a no.1. Drat!

Hey, do you suppose that will make a difference when taking a test in June??

I wonder if they will specify which revision we are to use?

Hummmm......

Dave

Dave
WebSparky

I would make the corrections --- just to be on the safe side so that I will be aware of any that may be associated with the text and questions.

If you are taking the test for the IAEI certifications then you'll probably use a computer to answer the questions.

If you are taking an electrician's test then don't they prohibit using a code with any marks in it?

Thanks Joe!!
WebSparky, If your test is given by Experior, you'll use their Code book, their scratch paper (to be returned),and their pencil. You'll also be filmed throughout the test.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-06-2003).]

T
When I took the master exam,we were allowed to have writing in our book as long as it was in ink and not pencil.Never really understood the reasoning behind that.We couldn't have any added pages,so the only way to correct it is to write it in.
Why wouldn't they let you add the errata to the book since the NFPA made the mistake in the first place?.The other alternative would be for the NFPA to replace all of the books that had errors(yea right)

Donnie
I already have many licenses, and certifications all of which are in a box somewhere in the pile of junk, books and files in my storage area, and really don't need to go for more! I've made my mark in this industry!

I would, however, like to see what would happen if I chose to take my laptop to the test using it to research the answers to the test questions?

I have the NFC, NECH, NEC, and all other software that I should be able to use.

Boy could I start something --- but I will not, and wondered if there is anyone who would do so?

I haven't read the rules in the testing bulletins but was curious.

N
FYI the State of Nebraska Exam rules
Examination Administration

1) Only the following are allowed during the examination: National Electrical Code Book or National Electrical Code Handbook published by NFPA only. Notes are not allowed in books. Mathematical calculator. Code calculators or programmable computers are not allowed during examination. Pen or pencil.

2) Examination time limit is 3 hours, which allots 3.6 minutes per question.

3) Each examination is 50 questions. Each question counts 2 points, therefore you must receive 76% to pass. 74% is a failing score.

4) Use the back of the last page for calculations.

5) Examination results will be forwarded to applicants within 7 days. Do not call the Lincoln office for results.

6) If applicant fails, a new application must be submitted to retake the examination.

7) Failed examination questions may be reviewed for 30-minutes with the Chief Electrical Inspector, within 10 days after the exam date. Contact the Lincoln office to set up an appointment. The purpose of the review is to allow the applicant to see the exam questions missed. The review is not an argument session to change a score.

8) Check exam type to make sure it is the type for which you applied.

9) Fill in date and name on the front page of the exam.

10) Read each question thoroughly.

11) Answer all questions. All parts of the questions must be answered correctly. Partial credit for an answer is not given.

12) You may ask the proctor for clarification on any question.

13) After one hour - seventeen questions should have been answered.

14) After two hours - thirty-four questions should have been answered.

15)The examinations will be picked up at the end of the three hours.

16) Smoking is not permitted at any of the exam sites.

[This message has been edited by nesparky (edited 03-06-2003).]

ed
W
electure,

Thanks for the reply about Experior.
That's who Ohio uses for electrical safety insp. tests.

How long has it been since you had the privilage?! Any tips for me?

Dave

Dave
P
Joe,

in tennessee, you are not allowed to have any marks in your code book (in pencil).

although mine did have lines high lighted with a color marker, you can write in ink as long as they are high lighted.

the person administering my test looked in my nec code book and i asked why. said that if any pencil marks was found, they would confiscate the book and report me to the licensing board.

Probably because each student who takes the test is assigned certain numbers by their instructors, you do 1-5 put a check mark near the code reference for the questions, and you do 6-10, and so on, easiest way to learn the areas used.

I can remember instructors standing outside of the test center when I took my examination who were waiting for the people who completed their tests to leave so they could ask them the same questions.

I think that's why they don't want to see pencil.

Early on, I used to tell my students to find the blank pages in the code and use them for notes and formulas, after all the code is one of our tools, so what's wrong with making notes?

Probably because they want to keep the flock down a bit .... same old story --- good old boys club!!

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 03-14-2003).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard