ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Thanks for all the responses ... i guess this did produce some interesting discussion ... Well i tend to agree with the majority of responses and go with this lifeline .... with a meter main as described i should be able to run my 18' to the panel .... the inspector is comming by tomorrow to look at it and discuss it with me ... not sure if he was clear about it he could not give me a straight answer ... i will let you guys know what he says ... thanks again for all your input we will see what the verdict is .... as the saga continues

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

S
ibuildit4u

let us know.....curious.... [Linked Image]

I
Well guys ... its ok ... inspector came and looked ... made some calls ... came back again and still wasnt sure ... he said the code was unclear ... i told him that it should apply to section regarding feeders not a service main ... finaly he agreeded and after more calls he told me it was ok .... oh well at least we got that one through .. thanks for all your input and i am sure i will be back with some more "issues"

Tom Offline
ibuildit4u,

In some areas, inspectors are appointed by the local government or the inspector may be a "multi-hat" type of guy that inspects many trades. Some of these fellows don't have much experiance with the electrical end. Most of the ones I've run into were willing to learn, if you presented the information without making them look ignorant.

Luckily, you ran into one who was willing to take your word. Why don't you ask him if he has access to the internet & give him this web-page? You might gain a real friend if you do.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard