ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
OK, Experior seems to be the one administering the exams. I did not bother scheduling one since I do not even have the new International books yet (just ordered them) but their St. Paul office is the one to call at 1-800-786-3926. They also refer you to the web site which Joe gave above, click on "Construction" and look for the exam schedule. They gave a phone number in Richmond for VA, not a toll free #.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

E
Elzappr Offline OP
Here in Oregon one needs only to pass the Oregon Electrical Inspector's exam. This is not affiliated with NTS's certification program. Course, there's no telling what the future will hold, what with Article 80.27(A) in the new code and all, maybe in a few years Oregon will align with the national certification programs..but I doubt it.
Here, we have electrical license categories for all types of work, I just learned today that they have a category for solar-voltaic wiring coming up. We're getting to be too split up into too many specialties..course its an appeasement measure to allow cheap labor for the less dangerous work.
re. Sparky's comment about certification for home inspections..I have been asked to do wiring inspections for real estate brokers because the deal is just about set and the buyer asks for the inspection, and the real estate people don't like negative findings. I'm sure they shop around 'til they find someone to turn a blind eye. I have spoken to property insurance executives and they are only concerned to have a regularly qualified electrician do the inspection..not necessarily a "certified home inspector" or anything like that. I am curious about how things are handled in other states because sooner or later the 'good' ideas will be imported to our state.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard