ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#79086 11/27/01 11:14 PM
D
DUBLIN Offline OP
Another first. Just completing another residentual project and about to install and wire a convection oven/gas cooktop combination. This unit was purchased at a local retailer and special ordered. Manufactured By Amana. Guess what no nameplate, no UL listing, no KW rating, no accompaning manuals,schematics not attached, nothing. Appears to have the typical 4 wire attachment for a conventional range, wiring at terminals 12 gauge stranded. Local retailer has no information, nor their supplier. The manufacturer cannot elaborate on the specs without at least a model number or style name (there are none, not even on the shipping order) and the owner has no idea on the model style or number because he's lost the original invoice. Occupancy is in 3 days what would you do??

| )ubli| |
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#79087 11/27/01 11:31 PM
R
Let the owner & the retailer fight it out to find the model # for you. You can't connect something without specs.

#79088 11/28/01 07:35 AM
K
any electrical devices installed becomes a liability of the electrical installer. even if the manufacturer "says" it's ok to install. chances are nothing will happen. but is it worth it?

#79089 11/29/01 11:04 AM
S
In Oregon it is illegal to sell or install any electrical device or equipment that is not "listed" therefore no label no install unless they want to have it field inspected by a "recognized testing laboratory. tom

#79090 11/29/01 08:59 PM
S

#79091 11/29/01 09:48 PM
D
DUBLIN Offline OP
Hmmm. Went back to finish the home and the appliance was gone. There was a new one in its place still crated up. It was identical except just inside the oven door was affixed a nameplate kw,btus,model,serial, and in the rear a scematic in a nice little pouch as well as inside the oven a owners manual and an installation packet. Funny all I did was to refuse to install the appliance and look what happened. Actually when I returned to the shop I was told the contractor had called the last day I was at his project and was furious about my refusal to install the range. He was politly told that there would be no one from our shop coming out to install any appliance that our people determined was not acceptable for installation. Looks like the contractor was able to get it straightened out. Kool

| )ubli| |

Link Copied to Clipboard