ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#7707 02/17/02 09:41 PM
J
JBN Offline OP
Just a quick question. How well does the electrical trade pay when you are finally considered an experienced electrician? [Linked Image]

D
I make $22.99 per hour with medical, dental, retirement, and schooling paid.

I work in a heavy industrial enviroment for a company that's 110 years old so the work load changes on a daily basis, from very old relay logic to newer robot systems.

I'm a Journeyman with an associates degree but didn't go through a 4-year apprenticeship.

[This message has been edited by DUGMAZE (edited 03-16-2002).]

N
It really depends on what part of the country you are from. Union wages can vary from $17-$42.00 per hour + retirement & medical for a journeyman wireman. Non-union wages usually follow the same curve at a lower rate.

C
I know this doesnt answer your question but I have found the pay for apprentices to be pretty lousy. Not to mention the lack of respect people have for trades people and the occasional boss that doesn't listen to new ideas. [Linked Image] Those are a few of the reasons I decided to get a degree instead of doing a full time apprenticeship.

Anyway, sorry about the venting. I don't want to discourage anyone from becoming an electrician because for all the bad things, it's still a good field and as long as people need electricity, the world will need electricians. [Linked Image] I still havent ruled out a career in this business entirely.

Here in New England jouneymen (+women) can make between $20 and $40 approximately, and alot of that depends on the union/non-union issues like Nick said.

Peter

B
You guys (& gals) get paid to have this much fun???? Man! Whose idea was that?

R
Phila. area averages $18-27.00/hr. for industrial maintenance type work. Plus benefits. The rate depends on the type of work. Most new residential work pays about $12-18.00/hr.

S
Here in central MO the rate for industrial maintenance electricians is $18 per hr. The local contract shops range from $45-65 per hour.

B
im halfway through my 3rd year, and get paid $11.50, which is kinda bad, even for iowa, but if you are willing to go 4 years gettin paid poorly, that just means you must really love what you do

Link Copied to Clipboard