ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 216 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Glen, Bill & ZoysGig..
inasmuch as i may not have a practical solution, i always make sure i have a contractual one for these instances.

It is usually in direct proportion to the number of cooks in the kitchen, i.e.- engineer, architect, desinger ...

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

OK, latest on this issue:

"Thanks Bill for posting my counter outlet problem. I read the reponses. Sorry to say no one has a solution that will work. I will call the inspector and see what happens. If you decide to patent a pop-up outlet I get some credit. Thanks Again-I'll let you know
the outcome."

So We have to wait to see the ending of this story....

Thanks for your inputs Guys
[Linked Image]

Bill
G
Mr. Addiss,

Sounds like I had an identical problem.
The contractor told me " I put in what the customer wants"

I suggest you just go over the inspector's head and go the the political boss.

It seems politicians do not have to follow laws and if they do get caught, just a slap on the hand. Maybe.

Glenn

Glenn,

Thanks for the input, but I am not really involved in this situation at all. I was just posting a question that I had received in an Email. My response to her (homeowner I assume) was to contact the local Inspector and ask him.

I would never try to go over anyone's head to get something passed. I have always had a good rappore with the local AHJ's and this I'm sure, is because if I come across something I am not sure of I will ask before I do something that may not be accepted. I may sometimes question why, or suggest alternatives, but the bottom line is that it is their call, their responsibility, their job.

Not meaning to make light of this, there is a quote that I came across (actually, on an Inspectors' website - and a member of this forum) that always stuck in my mind. I mean this to be taken in the best possible way:

"Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you realize that the pig enjoys it." [Linked Image]

Bill

Bill
G
My opinion,

The word "inspector" should be changed to " most politicians" in your quote when it comes to who is the inspector's ultimate boss.

I'm just guessing that the lowly inspector can not "hold a candle" to the support others can give to a politicians cause.

Glenn

G
If the homeowner has some pull with the local politicians, bankers or clergy and really is wanting it her way, she could be the bad guy with the inspector and the contractor can look like he is on the inspectors side. That is, if he can do it and not be worried about demeaning safety.

S
some times there may be room for wiremold between the counter top and the window it may not be what they wanted but it may allow them to pass inspection

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard