ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 381 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by Just George
Edit to add: I don't see an edit button on my post. laugh

I noticed when looking at the "Daily Screen" that the only option is looking at the very latest post. Am I doing something wrong, or is this normal?

(Over at Holts, clicking on the topic title puts you on the first page, and there's other buttons for "last unread" and "very last post".)

But again, very neat upgrade. smile

Real Edit this time: My second post in this thread did have an edit button - that's weird.
George,

I think I know what's going on here. There is a timer set on how long someone can edit a post. At present it is set at 3 min. I'm guessing that after that the button is not needed, so it is not displayed.

Bill

E
e57 Offline
I go bug people at another forum - and come back and all the furnature has been moved?

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
P
Same problem here -- I can't edit anything on my preferences.

Edit on 3/29/07
Just testing....... smile

Last edited by pauluk; 03/29/07 06:53 AM. Reason: Testing software
R
Same here.

Roger

G
Also, the signature limit is set to zero characters.

-George
S
The default edit window is only 5 minutes- it really needs to be raised to infinity.

I
Originally Posted by SteveFehr
The default edit window is only 5 minutes- it really needs to be raised to infinity.

IMO 5 minutes is adequate time for someone to re-read their new post and see any issues they want to change.

Unfortunately in the past we have had people go back and make major modifications to their posts after others have responded sometimes actually deleting all their posts in a thread.

That ruins the thread and is IMO unfair to those that have made a honest effort top respond.

Now if the time runs out and then you spot something you really want changed you can PM a moderator and ask them to modify your post.

JMO, Bob

Edit UBB....good thing I spotted it right away laugh

Last edited by iwire; 03/25/07 12:02 PM.

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Actually, the software came with a default setting of 360 min for editing. For reasons Bob (iwire) gave I think that is waaaay too long.

I'm open to suggestions on what is a reasonable length of time, but I think it will stay close to what it is now.

Bill

P.S. I think Mods have no such time limit Bob.
smile

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I noticed when looking at the "Daily Screen" that the only option is looking at the very latest post. Am I doing something wrong, or is this normal?
George,

I notice there is something else that appears to the left of some links that (I think) is supposed you to the first unread post in that thread.

Once you get to the thread either way there is a link on the bottom left of each post that will take you to the top of that page.

Bill

G
Originally Posted by Webmaster
I notice there is something else that appears to the left of some links that (I think) is supposed you to the first unread post in that thread.

You're right, after my first visit [Linked Image] buttons started appearing next to all the topics. Clicking on the topic title takes you to the very last post in the thread.

-George
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard