ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 560 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
I've seen arguments here about circuit arrangements. The British IEE Wiring Regs. define certain standard circuit arrangements, including radial circuits.

Some seem to take the listed arrangements as absolute and insist that a radial circuit has to start at the panel, run to each outlet in turn, ending at the last one.

Others claim that there is nothing wrong with a "tree" arrangement to a radial circuit in which you can branch off at any point which is convenient.

I'm firmly in the latter category.

G
Tex, that must be a local rule. Location of receptacles is not really addressed that specifically. Pretty much anything within 18" of the wall on the floor up to 5½ feet on the wall will fulfill 210.52(A). I suppose a local AHJ can change that any way they want.

Greg Fretwell
T
ADA boilerplate:
http://www.access-board.gov/adaag/html/adaag.htm

4.2.5* Forward Reach. If the clear floor space only allows forward approach to an object, the maximum high forward reach allowed shall be 48 in (1220 mm) (see Fig. 5(a)). The minimum low forward reach is 15 in (380 mm). If the high forward reach is over an obstruction, reach and clearances shall be as shown in Fig. 5(b). Appendix Note

This is the phrasing that limits switch box heights and forces receptacles up from the floor.

Hence the California Title 24 specifications that boxes be set at 46” AFF ( switches ) and 18” AFF ( receptacles ).

GFCI receptacles within bathrooms are typically set at 42” or 44” AFF... Back splashes and sinks being slightly higher in commercial.

Tesla
Title 24 does not address the height of boxes.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard