ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Sandro Offline OP

M
The "attacker" is a woosey beyond description. My old man would have taken him apart.

E
e57 Offline
Not quite sure if the "Attacker" or "Attackee" is vise-versa - the old guy could have and should have just walked off and called the cops if he wanted, he apparantly kept trying to go in, after he had been kicked out of the establishment - and may have done so a few times before the camera was running for these shots. Had the old guy not been a reporter harrassing the guy and trashing the guys livelyhood on TV - it may have been him taking a ride with the SWAT team. (SWAT TEAM.... For a scrawny guy with a Snowball...)

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
Sandro Offline OP
CNN has a full story, along with better unedited footage of confrontation.
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2007/02/10/silverman.su nglases.affl

[This message has been edited by Sandro (edited 02-10-2007).]

E
e57 Offline
OK that guys a loon....

Mark Heller
Cat Servant
Let's see ... some self-appointed caped crusader decides to target you, endanger your livelihood, accuse you of crimes in today's version of 'kangaroo court,' and you're not supposed to get mad? You're not supposed to protect yourself.

Counterfeit goods? I am sure that the trademark owners have lawyers, who know how to shut such operations down legally. Fraud? I think the taxpayers are already funding government agencies, including the police, to enforce the law.

I fail to see any legal framework that allows one group (the media) to assault, trespass, harass, slander, or go on witch hunts. We have seen far too many instances of "respected media" misrepresenting, twisting, even falsifying matters. This is in addition to the countless times they've simply mad mistakes.

IMO, the wrong guy got arrested.

[This message has been edited by renosteinke (edited 02-10-2007).]

E
e57 Offline
Dare I say it - I tend to agree...

Even the less edited footage is still edited... To maybe disquise the fact that they pushed the (Obviously unstable) guy over the edge? Which is what they are ultimately looking for... But a more sensable person would have handled it differently by refusing to comment.

Mark Heller
John,
Does that mean Mark and I can't enforce the CA Certification Law? [Linked Image]

I love the surreal stupidity of an injunction put on him to stay away from them!! [Linked Image]

A pleasure to see Zsa Zsa Gabor still lookin' a zillion bucks aged 90!

Wood work but can't!
Cat Servant
Alan, I also am discovering, as I age, how lovely older ladies can appear. I also need to get my eyeglass prescription checked ....

As for the California certification law, IMO passing a law without popular support, a means to enforce it, or penalties for violating it creates a situation worse than having no law at all.
The failure of governments to perform their duties may be one reason so folks, like mudfish, leave their ponds in search of cleaner ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard