ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#74720 02/03/07 02:05 AM
E
The project I am working now customer is interested in warm tile floor in master bath room. And asked me if I can do it which I never done before. I am looking at nuheat. Any suggestions on my responsibility on installing and how much I should I charge for it.

#74721 02/03/07 04:01 AM

#74722 02/03/07 06:06 AM
Whatever you do, if it is electrical, make sure that surge diverters are installed at the panel, one per phase.
You can burn out a decent element with a voltage surge, the elements are just like a large ground mat.
It is a waste of time installing an element if it is going to be burned out in the first couple of weeks or months, especially if it is inside a concrete slab.

#74723 02/03/07 06:11 PM
S
Don't be put off by some of the experiences people have had with heated floors.

NuHeat is an excellent start. They make a quality mat and we have used them many times over with great success. They are not the cheapest, but the quality is there. Why would you want to risk ripping up a tile floor to save a few bucks on a cheaper mat?

Their customer service is second to none. Look up a rep in your area. If he is anything like the one in our area, he will come to the job and take exact measurements and recommend the proper mat for the installation all at no charge.

If you do enough installs, when, not if, when a floor mat gets damaged, NuHeat also have the tools and expertise to find the *exact* spot where the damage is so that any tiles removed are minimal. Many times only ONE tile needs to be removed and the proper repair made.

Our rep has helped us solve 2 of these problems for no charge, leaving another satisfied and impressed homeowner, and reinforcing our belief in using NuHeat products.

You can't pay for better customer relations and service.

Link Copied to Clipboard