ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bot540 Offline OP
Today I got reamed for moving a customers pool table to move a box. Lesson Learned:
1)The table was leveled by a company
2)Moving the table by other than a lift can damage the slate table
That will be the last time I do that. Luckily the were very understanding. I just have to pay for the company to come back and relevel the table.

Jesus may have been a capenter,but God was an electrician.Genesis1:3
S
How did you even move the table?

Those things weigh more than Rosie O'Donnell!

This post reminds me of a job that I once had. I had to old work a light over a pool table, in a posh house. After hanging the light with 2 ladders and a plank across the table, I take a look and the light is not center. I must have screwed up the measurements. The owners father who was of Italian decent, looked at it an said " no center", and walked in to the other room. The pool table was on an area rug,on top of hardwood. I pulled the rug to get the table centered with the light. I called the old man back in and said to him what do you mean it's not centered, he looked at the light again, shook his head and walked out of the room.

[This message has been edited by HCE727 (edited 01-27-2007).]

[This message has been edited by HCE727 (edited 01-27-2007).]

Hank
B
bot540 Offline OP
ShockMe we lifted it by the frame just enought to slide it over three feet

Jesus may have been a capenter,but God was an electrician.Genesis1:3
E
e57 Offline
Well if you got it back on to the same 4-6 crushed spots on the floor - odds are it will play the same. If it doesn't their game wasn't that good anyway! They're just looking for a scape-goat for their lack of finesse on the table. [Linked Image]

Personaly I would have made them move it, as I wouldn't risk throwing out my back.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
T
I sure am glad most pool tables I have seen around here have wheels [Linked Image]
Never had to move one so far though.

E
e57 brings up a good point, had a football player on my team, big guy, really athletic, in good shape, herniate a disk moving one, back injuries are not good, not good at all.

-Will

E
e57 Offline
Herniated idsks - I know that problem - I have 3, and one is split. Which is why I hang out on these forums - I only sleep a few hours a night before it hurt to do so. [Linked Image]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
We won't move anything of the customer's until I tell them that we're not responsible if it gets damaged - it's also in my contract. Most times they will move it themselves. I will get them to empty china cabinets and assist them moving it if the need be, but we won't empty it ourselves. It's simply not worth the risk.

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"
L
LK Offline
Our contract spells it out, work area must clear, move it, and give us a call when the area is clear, and we will re schedule, rushing in to a job like a bull in a china shop, can end up costing you some pretty good bucks, but then there is the thinking, if i ask them to move everything they will get someone else to do the job, so what is the big deal with moving a few things. The big deal is even if you tell they your not responsible, that will not let you off the hook, weeks, or even months later, don't be supprised if you get a call, the dinning room table my grandmother gave me is scratched, and they want $1000 to refinish it, remember you moved it to hang the new fixture.
For the guys not doing service work, this may not come up that much, but if your doing a lot of service calls, you already know how common this is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard