ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
duanet Offline OP
Can I use exposed Schedule 40 PVC for an indoor circuit? (240 Volt from main panel to sub)

G
347-2 1999 code. Or outdoors, as long as you ain't hanging fixtures off it, or a hazardous location [Linked Image]

N
Reminds me of a job I was on years ago as an apprentice. It was at a " Trash Transfer" facility. City owned, 4- story, 2 acre concrete structure where it seemed thousands of trash trucks a day would arrive and dump there smelly "load". Ugh. The trash was then picked up by big loaders and pushed into a series of huge compactors. Then loaded into 40' tractor trailers.The smell was amazing. Hard to describe. But definitly a "methane" sort of aroma.
Anyways, entire project consisted of surface mounted sch 80 pvc with pvc boxes, fittings straps, etc. re-feeding all roof top ventilators, 10 trash compactors and lighting. Felt like I was installing a new sprinkler system.The senior building inspector was there everyday making sure we did things properly according to HIS plans.
Anyone out there worked in an atmosphere like this, and what did they classify your "environment" ?
Cheers,
NS4M

Ps. Pats +14 !!!!

E
Worked in exactly the same place (different location perhaps) but boy what a dump [Linked Image] This place was operational at the time and I was sure I would be scooped up and trucked away. You could not get that smell out of your nose!

Montenay Pacific facility/AES burns the trash for Long Beach, CA. They're about 500' from the salty Pacific Ocean. They convert it into electrical power. They are also what is termed a "Total Destruction Facility" They burn the drugs that are siezed in the Los Angeles area. The stuff coming out the smokestack is very pure
It's quite an interesting place to work. The environment there would make me wonder about your "corrosion" comments. Some of it won't last a month.(Stainless enclosure inside of a non-metallic enclosure)

N
"The environment there would make me wonder about your "corrosion" comments. Some of it won't last a month.(Stainless enclosure inside of a non-metallic enclosure"

Did you ever know what they classified that site as?

NS4M

[This message has been edited by NoShorts4Me (edited 02-03-2002).]

Link Copied to Clipboard