ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#73589 12/30/06 01:25 PM
Grover Offline OP
A man's dream house becomes a high-voltage nightmare. WLNE's Elyce Kirchner explains (December 29) - North Attleboro, MA

Picked up this video clip on CNN.... Anyone konw more about it? Claim is house was permitted and built too close to Hi-voltage lines......

I
I had not heard about it, although the home is not more than 2 miles from me.

I will look in the local paper.

Here is the link to the story.

Large Video Clip

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Cat Servant
Sounds like some "pop science" junk deliberately created by an activist, to try to stir the pot!

I don't buy he claim that the house is somehow energised. Guy built it hmself, with his own hands? Thik there might be some "pics for ECN" in there?

He's not that close to the lines.

I don't care that he got apermit ... the PoCo had to sign off on it before they powered him up ... yet, the PoCo here says that they told him NO.

There is something seriously wrong with that story.

S
Interesting story here.

Now.... the magnetic field coming off the transmission lines is energizing metal piping in the house.

Is that right?

AND THIS GUY BUILDS HOMES????

Besides the bulldozer technique, are there any solutions to this guys problem?

If those HV lines are putting out enough EMF to electrify the plumbing in that house, wouldn't at the same time, the wiring in the house pick up this same EMF and play all kinds of havoc with induced voltage? Something here smells of open/corroded/loose poco neutral, & unbalanced current using the plumbing trying to get back to the poco transformer... I'll bet on the difference in potential between the fresh water and the drainline in the shower are why he's getting bit

Waiting on ECN subversive "Iwire"'s report [Linked Image]

L
LK Offline
"fluourescent bulbs inside the home light up even when they are not plugged in."

Well there is an indication your too close, the news story said he was 30ft, i can light a bulb at 50ft from the ones near us, well not unusual to build close to lines, the property is always cheap, so a bargin is a bargin, but to complain about the power lines being there, is like building at the end of a runway and then being supprised planes fly over your home.

The reporter says the Grid "built the tower too close to the property", implying he was there first.

Wood work but can't!
L
LK Offline
Randy.

It's saturday, bob is out moonlighting, but once he finishes his side work. it would be nice if he could get some pic's of him standing near the power lines with a lit lamp!

This just hit the latest news release'

But National Grid shot back yesterday that Zagami, who purchased his Lindsey Street property last year - long after the electric towers were constructed - built his house on its easement and even ran underground water pipes through the easement without first consulting the company.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 12-30-2006).]

S
The media is never wrong. [Linked Image]

I
It's saturday, bob is out moonlighting, but once he finishes his side work. it would be nice if he could get some pic's of him standing near the power lines with a lit lamp!

I only moonlight in NJ to get the ECs up in arms. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard