ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73512 12/25/06 05:38 PM
B
BigJohn Offline OP
It's that time of year again. What fun things did ya'll get this season?

I got some breaker lock-outs, a plumb-bob and string line, and some Klein hand tools among other things. It's all the little stuff I look at in the supply house and say "I should really buy that" but I never get around to it.

Part of me can't get wait to get back to work on Wednesday to try this stuff out; another part of me can. [Linked Image]

-John

#73513 12/25/06 09:13 PM
Gidday John,
Sounds like you had a good haul of pressies!.
Christmas was pretty much a rather subdued affair here this year.
I did get a fan (2ft dia) from my sister, which will really come in handy here, if the weather ever warms up this summer.
I got a USB pen drive from my brother.
Same old underwear and socks from Mum.
But, hey, I aren't complaining though, it is the THOUGHT that counts.

#73514 12/25/06 09:30 PM
G
I got a weather monitor (wind speed, temp rain etc). I need a place to put the wind sensor. Now I am thinking about replacing the mast I took down years ago when I did my service upgrade and swung the drop over to the garage. (far enough away to be safe)
I may get a whole stick of 2" so I can get up in the air a bit farther. The one I had has a few feet cut off. Since my old meter can is gone I will drill the pipe and "red head" it into the block wall.

Any tricks for getting the hole in the roof drilled right. I think the roofers replaced the original plywood when I had the new roof put on.

Greg Fretwell
#73515 12/25/06 09:31 PM
Let's see, LCD Monitor (CRT's going to the dump), Keyboard and Mouse for the Powermac. And, a heckuva lot of drill bits! Big and small. I'm gonna have some fun when I move...

Oh yeah, the whole soon-to-be-rewired second floor of a Model 4 1956 Levittown Jubilee.

Ian A.

[This message has been edited by Theelectrikid (edited 12-25-2006).]

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
#73516 12/26/06 07:21 AM
Oh and secondary to my original post, my fiancee gave me a Tortoise-shell Tabby kitten.
From the local RSPCA, I had no idea I was getting this kitten, but it saved her from being "put down" so I'm more than willing to have her here.
Oddly enough, the cat that I already have has taken her under his wing, they both slept in the cat basket last night.
Sad thing is, there will be kittens this year that will be abandonded.
If you want a pet, you look after the bloody thing, I mean after the novelty has worn off!.
There is nothing like coming home to a cat sitting at your door and then hopping up on your lap when you get inside the house.
Just think of all them claws in your legs, you'd be missing out on!. [Linked Image]

#73517 12/26/06 01:07 PM
One Bottle of "Stone's Green Ginger" wine.
1 x 60 pc. Screwdriver set.
1 Pr. Homer Simpson "Kiss my Harris" socks.
1 Large Bag of Maltesers, my favorites.
1 Bottle Macallan 15yr malt. Thank you Santa!
1 Christmas Pudding, M&S brand.
2 litres epoxy primer for the tractor.
1 fridge magnet made by the grandchildren.
We roasted a goose for lunch, which we ate with paper hats on, just us two old gits. Roast spuds, sweet chestnut stuffing with fresh peaches, brussels sprouts and proper gravy. Nice bottle of merlot. Christmas-pud steamed properly for 3 hours, set on fire with boiling cognac & smothered in 110% cow-cholesterol. Not a microwave in sight. No squawking kids, no television playing to nobody, no drum kits, stupid electronic gadgets with blue lights I don't understand, need or covet and no people I have to be nice to, but would rather shove under a truck, on fire and with a shovel bent over their heads. Dozed off in front of the log fire with the ole dog at my feet; boiled ham, crusty bread and home-made quince jelly for tea. Best Xmas for years!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
#73518 12/26/06 05:43 PM
D
I musta been a REAL good boy. Mrs. Santa left me a Garmin hand held GPS (looks like a bugger to master),a digital binocular/camera, a 'trail cam', 2 pr. thick socks, a Penn State fb calendar, and on the work side the Skil ixo2 palm cordless, just in time for a large finish job. And THEN she treated me real nice. A memorable holiday. Peace to all.

#73519 12/26/06 11:26 PM
B
A Magellan 2000 Road Mate, just punch in any address in the US and it takes you there with both voice and LCD. I tried it today, it works great. It will be handy for service calls.

Also I got myself a backup camera for my LARGE work van which is nearly impossible to parallel park, Practiced backing up to a stepladder, I can get within 2" without hitting it. I mounted it up high facing downwards and slightly back, so I can see my step bumper as it approaches an object, such as a new Mercede$ Benz! It was only $89 at Costco.

Link Copied to Clipboard