ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 475 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#73319 12/22/06 01:47 PM
H
How does a company just NOT NOTICE that some idiot they've hired is doing crazy things??? That would be a hard thing to overlook when checking over someone's work, and surely they would check a new guy's work at least a coupla times before having him out representing the company...

You can answer your own question by realizing that cable companies are slime balls that charge subscribers exorbitant money then use it to buy sports teams, networks, and their executives yachts and lavish homes. With what's left they pay their employees a poverty level income.

Subcontractors are at the very bottom of the barrel and get paid a fixed amount per job and per set. The faster you work the more you do and the the more pittance you make per day.

I can tell you from experience that the only time someone actually checks an install is when there is a problem, a tech from the company responds and happens to notice something like this. He might report it to superiors but the attitude usually is, unless someone makes a stink, so what.

-Hal

#73320 12/22/06 02:07 PM
G
Oh, come on now.

While the installation is not code compliant, there is no more danger there than a code compliant installation.

#73321 12/22/06 02:43 PM
I
ITO Offline
$15? Looks like he got what he paid for, what's the problem?

101° Rx = + /_\
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard