Kenbo,

I agree.

If the person installing the Lamp is "Bonded On" (in such terms) to the Lamp, then installs the Lamp across the power supply, both bodies should have equal Energy Status - so, a very, very low Potential Difference should exist between the Lamp, and the Bonded Person.

Once the installer removes the last physical Bond between the two bodies (last finger is coming off the lamp), the Potential Difference begins to increase rapidly (IMHO).

Furthermore, IMHO, since the installer has a much larger surface area (not to mention a very high MHO state), the resultant charges from the Lamp will flow very easilly into the installer, and are drained out from the installer in extremely higher levels - as compared to what the Lamp may drain out alone.

The sudden and rapid change, when the finger begins to move away from the Lamp, throws the "free-flowing" state into a now limited state.
Now the circuit opposes the rapid change the only way it can, in order to keep charges flowing: an Inductive or Capacitive "Kick" is born.

I am viewing it as the way current surges across contacts, when the "Breaker Points" of an Automotive Ignition System first begin to open.
If the Capacitor (or "Condenser" for those preferring to use that term) is removed, we can get some large levels of surge currents flowing between closely separated contact points (may be drawn across a gap as wide as 1/16" and still keep a hefty Arc going!)

So, in an effort to both keep things flowing as they were before, and to "nullify" the now rapidly increasing Potential Difference (because the desire is still there to move charges into the installer), the installer will still receive an "Owww-eee" when clearing the last body part from the operating Lamp.

This is only my opinion, so please feel free to de-bunk as required.

Scott35

edited to fix spelling blunders! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Scott35 (edited 11-05-2006).]

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!