ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#7131 01/24/02 04:56 PM
W
WARREN1 Offline OP
Joe has mentioned membership in IAEI before on this board. I tried to contact the state representative listed at their website. He no longer is at that address. Maybe someone can help to get information on the advantages, training, and etc. of this organization.
Thanks.

#7132 01/24/02 06:54 PM
S
Without much testimonial I must simply state they are a worthy orginization for any carear electrician to belong to... http://www.iaei.com/

[Linked Image]

#7133 01/25/02 09:45 AM
Why Get a Membership

Electrical safety has been a serious concern since the Tesla-Edison experiments with alternating and direct currents in the late 1800s. Founded in 1928, fifty years after Edison began experimenting with electric lighting and, presumably, after many early electrical fire disasters, the International Association of Electrical Inspectors committed its membership to the safe installation and use of electricity.

To advance that cause, the association began publishing information on the various aspects of the new electrical industry, particularly on understanding the codes that ensured uniform standards. Composed originally of only those who inspected electrical installations, the IAEI has broadened its membership to include all groups and individuals who value electrical safety—inspectors, utilities, insurance groups, dealers, contractors, electricians, manufacturers, testing laboratories, electronics, media, and computer groups, healthcare facilities, and concerned laypersons. As one, IAEI members work together for a safer use of electricity, which has become a basic element of modern civilization.

If electrical safety is important to you, the association invites you to consider membership.

Industry Connections

Through its involvement with various groups at national and international levels, the association offers its members input, influence, and insight into electrical professions.

Leadership Recognition

From each local chapter or division level to regional level, multiple opportunities exist for the dedicated member to become involved in leadership. Most of these opportunities come through volunteer assignments that enable the member to develop new skills—trade, project management, and people management—that create new outlets for the member to give back to the profession and the community. Recognition comes as the member performs these assignments with distinction.

Informed Networks

Chapters and divisions of the association meet locally to discuss important issues, share problems and experiences, and learn how experts handle and interpret code issues.

Career Opportunities

Each member is offered the opportunity for recognition of his or her skills through professional certification programs. Regional meetings provide opportunities for exchanging information and ideas with industry-related professionals, learning about new products and equipment at trade shows, exposure to other electrical standards, and making friends.

Comprehensive Information

Through a free bi-monthly magazine and a variety of other publications and multiple types of seminars, the association provides technically superior information on current issues and code requirements. Member discounts are available on seminars and some products.

How To Join

For about sixteen cents per day, you can become a member of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors. Nowhere in the industry, can you receive so much for so little.

Here’s what you need to do: First, complete the application and mail it with your check for $60 (US) payable to IAEI. If you prefer to use your credit card, be sure to check the appropriate card type and give the requested information.

It is really that easy. Within a short time, you will receive your membership package and your first issue of IAEI News. After that, you can become involved in the exciting activities of a dynamic association that really cares about electrical education and safety.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#7134 01/25/02 09:51 AM
I'm curious,
how many here are members of IAEI?

Bill

Bill
#7135 01/25/02 10:40 AM
W
I have been a memeber for 8 or 9 yrs.
Obviously under a different name.

#7136 01/25/02 07:08 PM
Long Island Chapter since 1989
Anyone else?

Bill

Bill
#7137 01/25/02 07:38 PM
I was always under the impression (up until now) that one was required to be an inspector, or have a sponsor of some kind, to be a member.
Thanks, guys! Now I know better. My check for Associate Member status is in the mail as of this morn!! [Linked Image]
(I don't get a horizontal scroll bar when I go to their site, so I only get the left side) [Linked Image]

#7138 01/25/02 07:44 PM
S
LOL,
there are some who will present themselves as an inspector, having passed the IAEI 'Electrical Inspector, General" test.

This is not so

It's just that the better inspectors have this credential.

#7139 01/25/02 08:39 PM
electure,

It can be a good place to interface with all the local parties involved. Contractors, Inspectors, Distributors, Utilities etc. They put out a great magazine, sponsor local seminars and you get a FREE Code Book every 3 years.

Bill

Bill
#7140 01/26/02 10:39 AM
F
Bill,

I've been a member of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors since 1986.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard