ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 396 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#71084 10/21/06 10:24 PM
E
e57 Offline
RobbieD, The guys at the fence hated any lights at all - it destroys natural night vision, and doesn't do much for NVG's either. Often requested that we dim the air field taxiways... Flood lighting was only allowed in areas that could not be seen outside the camp, otherwise there would be siluetting for snipers. Other than that, for all the guys who knew we did it - knew that it was part of the larger protest of getting to bathe once or twice a month - compared to those who got to bathe in luxury every night, a bitterness that was base wide on the issue at the time. As far as tvs, coffee machines, video games or air conditioning and the like I was in the USMC, not the USAF or Army. Dirt floor 1945 era tent with a bare bulb that often got shut off at ~930PM anyway depending on the highest rank in the tent, only officer tents had recepticals and generally had no use for them. Grunt units didn't even have tents often - slept in the dirt under a poncho - they needed to shower! Otherwise that occured with a five gallon bucket - if at all.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 10-21-2006).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#71085 10/21/06 11:15 PM
E
e57 Offline
PE that is funny, but agreee that I would hope some would knock me off too. But then again, that guy just got a bannana jammed in his eye - now thats funny....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#71086 10/22/06 01:45 AM
N
That is a great story about the showers. Must have been loads of fun!

I have tons of fun school electrical pranks. It was usually me & friends doing the partying, so I have a slightly different side [Linked Image] My old high school was interesting because it had those old exposed transformers in the basement. The school also had an intercom system controlled by the phones, so you can imagine how much fun it was once we figured out the phone number to it. We would call each other out of class from cell phones. You could call single rooms and talk through the wall speaker. It was very amusing.

#71087 10/22/06 11:13 AM
T
No pranks... but I DID have a lot of fun rigging up the wildest wiring for parties! (Usually not actually unsafe, just extremely freaky looking and dangling all across the place).

That "Anti Party Plug" indicates a lot of electrical knowledge... I'm not sure whether I'd want to try it in a place with Schuko receptacles though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard