ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 468 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Very cool, thanks for sharing those pics. I'm generally not scared of heights but looking at those makes me wonder [Linked Image]

J
What a great mix of ingredients for an exciting day.....
electrical, historic engineering feat, great view, great weather, synchronized fighter jets, with a hint of personal danger and touch of elitism.

Mix that up any way you want, give me a call, and count me in.

I’m impressed with the quality for a camera phone. What kind is it and how many MP?

E
e57 Offline OP
Elitism? Hardly call it that. Bridge employees get an opprotunity a year to bring someone up. And knowing someone consists of that someone being and Office Clerk, Welding Inspector, Toll Worker, or in my case Engineer. Each of which brought 1-2 people. Not a single movie star or politico up there. In fact we met the bridge Director on our way off the bridge, she's never been up there. Not as if more could fit, or could they open it to the general public. Not ADA accessible in the slightest, ladders, hatches, etc. Kind of like the employee priviledge of bringing someone to work to tour a beer factory - but with a view. Or someone taking you to tour the military base they get stationed on. Like the picture I have of my Mom and Sis standing next to an F-18 - I just had access to the runway when they came to visit. I didn't fly them, I just just changed bulbs on the taxiway they were on.

And considering it is the most photographed bridge in the world, I doubt there are many of that shepard hook bend.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 10-09-2006).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
Awesome shots, Mark! Some interesting conduit bends up there. I know if I ever got the chance to go up there I know that's what I'd be looking at too. I've been over the bridge once when I was stationed at Alameda for a week or two in January of 1991. Cool to see it from that angle!

E
e57 Offline OP
These are only ones I have on the phone... I also have the whole air show on FILM, (remember that stuff?) it's sitting in a color lab I wired several years ago that does good work. It will be thursday before I find out if I caught the pre-sonic boom vapor flare on BA#6. It's the only shot I care about coming out really. If so it will look simular to this.... http://www.sky-flash.com/boom.htm

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard