ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#70301 10/03/06 05:38 PM
Okay fess up, what do you like listening to while working in the salt mine- I mean, clients' house/building/skyscraper/HV tower/whatever?

Personally, I like listening to the cult band REM, with The Police, Bachman Turner Overdrive, The Dire Straits, and Cream coming in a close 2nd through 5th. (Hey I never said it had to be one.) [Linked Image]

Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
L
You have a good start. Throw in Skynard,Allman bro.,Dr Hook,and the like and you have music to work by. More Blues at the end of the day to wind down. Rod

I
I don't have a favorite although I listen to most of the above.Since I changed Internet service providers I have a huge choice of music available.

This weekend I was listening to some 1930s blues, some Hank Williams and at any moment I might really enjoy a mindless Kiss song.

It all depends on the mood, old Blues in the background while I check the forums seems to fit well.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
D
Anything country.....getting old I guess.

However, A good blast of Judas Priest, and Oz now and then coupled with some AC/DC is never out of the question.

Favorite band? Floyd.

Z
I like WAY too many bands and types of music to list, but here's something:

I've got a toy that I love, and it's great, no matter what you like to listen to - Sirius Satellite Radio.

The kit comes with two antennas, a car power adapter and an AC adapter. I keep one rig in my car, and then the AC and antenna rig set up at a job I might be on for a while. In the morning, I just pull the receiver out of my truck and plug it in at the job site. Nothing like it - no commercials on the music stations at all, and about 100 different stations that cover every type of music you can imagine. Also, if you can get away with it on a particular job site, they have Howard Stern and comedy stations too - unedited.

Highly recommended...

C
iwire, you need to throw some Pink Floyd & Green Day in the mix to remind us of our good buddy Frank & Beans.

Al

Blues, Blues, or Blues is fine with me.
I also like Zappa, Steve Vai.

Weird Al, Pinkard & Bowden, and other parodies rank high.

And....oh, yes. I have collected some of the worst music imaginable, Heavy metal by Pat Boone, William Shatner's horrible stuff, etc.; this with the help and guidance of some of my ECN friends [Linked Image]

S
As odd as this may sound I prefer no raido at all. Some other people like the darn thing so loud I cant even hear myself think. There is a time and place for music. I consider work not one of them. If its low I tolerate it. For me no music.

W
This is a must of me most years. Johnny Winter on the coast of Maine rules www.northatlanticbluesfestival.com

Stevie Ray, Santana, Steely Dan, Alman Bros, Led Zep come to mind

N
Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Yes, Rush, Jefferson Airplane, Peter Gabriel-era Genesis.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard