I am really looking for the installation procedures and methods. The extent of my high voltage experience is pulling conductors for someone else to terminate. I don’t know much about things like;
1) Some circuits are pulled in with concentric wire on the outside that seems to double as a neutral or a ground.
2) Others have a metallic tape inside that does the same thing.
3) Sometimes grounding conductors are pulled. Sometimes not.
Really I am just interested in learning how to do high voltage installations and there is not much in the way of literature. The Los Angeles local of the IBEW (local 11) has a great program. It is a yearlong and the school is in down town LA. I am about 80 miles from there. I am willing to make the sacrifice but I am a member of local 477. Non-local 11 members have to pay almost $1000.00 for the training. [Linked Image] Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my budget! I am supposed to get in for a reasonable price through my employer since they pay into local 11’s funds but so far I have not had any luck. I have just noticed that there is thousands and thousands of books on 600V or less stuff. But when you search for high voltage you get to learn how to build Tesla coils. [Linked Image]