ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (gfretwell, Scott35), 534 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Just remember that one of the causes for rearend failure in vans is over loading which puts to much stress on the axel bearings and differential. I worked for an E/C with lots of vans and they went through a lot of rear ends attributiable to overloading the vehicle with tools, stock and trash.

M
I checked out the one from Adrian Steel. They want over $ 200.00 for it compared to $80.00 from American Van. Adrian Steel's looks alot better but not $120.00 worth.

Getting back to my rear end... My rear end has 175,000 miles on it. My rear springs have been flat since I bought the van new in 99.

I need some more lay-out and storage ideas. I picked up the new van today and I still have my old one. i am using all of my shelving from my old van but have extra room in the new one.

J
I've got that ladder holder from the Chicago guy. I ordered it for $90 and still had to supply my own unistrut. It's okay. Takes up head room, but I guess that's better than floor space. Getting it in and out can be a back breaker if you don't extend the weight away from your body carfully. I put a small hole in the top of ladder (agaist OSHA I'm sure) with a hole saw to catch the the cleat up front. It can be a little cumbersome on the lower back until you get the front hooked. To do it over again I'd still get it.

I'm a fan of the long drawers that bring the material out of the truck toward you ranther than having to climb into the truck to get it. I've been eyeing the GMC with the exterior access doors where windows would be if it were a conversion van. I'd love to swap van photos here for ideas, but I'd have to get some pictures first, could be awhile.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard