ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, HotLine1), 164 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
I would do the normal things buy my parents a crusing bus. bullet prof my jeep. But I would also go to work every day just to piss off my bosses and co workers, And giggle like a school girl when they talk behind my back, and say why is he still here. you know I would have a job for ever. the people who dont need a job will not get fired. but the people who need it for there faimly get the ax.

B
I would not do anything different than I do now..except I'd be doing it in San Diego..oh and maybe driving a Bentley.

Seriously tho I would like to donate my skills to the needy..especially elderly people whose homes are falling apart and they can't afford to fix them.

For a start I wouldn't be hanging around here!.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Just kidding guys,
The mere thought of winning anything, let alone money, seems to be a fair stretch at the moment.
My father told me when I was young that I was going to have to work for a living, so I guess he meant I wasn't going to be a lawyer.
I'm glad I do what I do, even if the hours are rediculous, I'm proud that I earn my paycheck.
If I came into money, I wouldn't know what to do with it, however the SPCA springs to mind.
I don't play the lotteries, some people over here swear by them, and end up poorer in the hope of hitting the jackpot.

D
I don't play the lotteries, some people over here swear by them, and end up poorer in the hope of hitting the jackpot.

Mike, I don't play them until they get up to a 100mill or so. And I consider that $20 a donation to the winner.

However, I am thinking about responding to all these nigerian e-mails. Maybe I am a long lost kin of the guy that just died in the plane accident. You never know.....

I'd sit at home and work out my interest!

[ puts on fingerless 'Scrooge' gloves and old frayed overcoat, licks stub of pencil...].

"Let's see, interest on $100 million at 5%, that's 5 million a year, that's $96,000 a week, which is $13,700 a day. Why! That's $570 an hour!

Darling! We can afford an electrician!!" [Linked Image]

Wood work but can't!
I suppose she would be still building houses, just free ones for people who "need" a house instead of expensive ones for people who just "want" another house.

If I had the right amount of money, I'd probably spring up a mini "Levittown" of quick and easy to build/affordable to buy homes, compared to the McMansions Toll Brothers puts up these days. Anyone want one? ECN Members get a discount! [Linked Image]

Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
G
We have already worked on some Habitat homes but that is so bogged down in red tape and politics I think we would rather just build something on our own and give it to a worthy family who can't afford a house.
Maybe require some token payment, simply because people don't value things that are totally free.

Greg Fretwell
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard