ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
e57 Offline
Hmmm.... The evil chlorine atom. Given a little time on a nuetral bus it can go a long way....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Cat Servant
All in favor of adding some chlorine to the gene pool say "Aye!"

R
Redsy Offline OP
This whole problem started when I put in my above ground pool.
The neighbor who used to be friendly (he even snowblowed my driveway once, without my asking) explained that his inground pool was a "focal point" of his yard, and that my pool would cause a drop in his homes "curbside appeal".

He called the township because I was cutting a 10' wide path in the weeds of some township-owned open space behind my yard. This was so my 11 & 8 year-old girls could walk out back to see the neighbors horses.

R
Whats he doing peeping into your yard anyway??? Perhaps ask him if he wants to fo 50/50 on a large privacy fence, some trees, plants or shrubs of some kind are in order to keep his eyes in his own yard on his OWN pool that is the "focal point" of HIS yard... And that YOUR pool is the focal point of your yard, and that having a neighbour like him is going to degrade the quality of the neighbourhood in general so he best be buggering off and keeping to himself from then on!!

A.D

[This message has been edited by Rewired (edited 08-07-2006).]

G
I would just make sure I was OK with the local code enforcement folks and ignore this jerk. After a few more baseless complaints the town will too. They might even tell him to stop making false complaints.

Greg Fretwell
D
I thought up one for you, non-destructive..

Set up 2 or 3 fake cameras pointing at his house. Let him see them. or better yet, let his wife see them. Make his wife feel you are video taping every moment of their day....Point one at their pool.

LOL.. [Linked Image]

Invite your cool neighbors over for a BBQ, but "accidentally" put a flyer in his mailbox advertising a video party....

That will get her panties in a ruffle, and she will drive him crazy.....

T
I've found that talking with neighbors, buying their favorite brew, and inviting them to backyard BBQs keeps everyone pretty happy.

My lawyer charges $55 per phone call, and we always play phone tag. I can buy a lot of brew for $110.

Dave

P
"Your vision of vengeance will destroy you" - Kwai Chang Caine to an Apache warrior, TV series Kung Fu, 1970's. Never a truer word spoken. The eye-for-eye mentality is alive and well in a certain part of the world right now, and just look what it is achieving - NOT!!!
Bad behaviour on the part of your neighour does not excuse bad behaviour on your part. Better to just ignore him. He will soon get the message and find someone else to annoy.

Just my 5c worth.

Mark Monson

Mark aka Paulus
quote - Kwai Chang Caine to an Apache warrior, TV series Kung Fu, 1970's

they even had paperback novels about this show.I used to wait in anticipation for each release .

This one's straight from my parents in our neighbor and office wars:

Crank up any motorcycle, especially an old Harley, as early and as late as possible, and then go riding off into your neighborhood. Or, just let it sit and idle.

Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard