ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 487 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Just a little message.
Please keep your posts within the sensible boundaries of this Forum.
Some of the suggestions are getting a little bit carried away here, and we don't want to ruin the thread.

We are here to cure problems, not cause them.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 08-03-2006).]

J
So I guess just sending him a Vermont Teddy Bear is out of the question?
Joe

Cat Servant
Test Eng, a Vermont Teddy would be nice...except they discontinued the one with a straitjacket!

Misery does love company... no profit letting this sad sack make you miserable too!

Otherwise, it is also true that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar... all you can do is keep the 'welcome mat' out, and hope they either come around, or find a new target for their angst.

Rather than dwell on this loser... use him as an intro to your many fine neighbors. Them concetrate on them, and your happy experiences.

If there's one thing a loser can't stand, is the sight of others ignoring him, and having fun!

F
You go Joe!My dad also named Joe had the same problem.Did a survey and found the nasty neighbors fence and driveway was 3 feet on our property.In comes the Doser and there was not a thing the guy could do about it.The city would take it down at his own expence if we wanted.Also cut every branch off this trees on our side of the property line and tossed them on his lawn with his fence and these were huge trees.The guy was told to shut up or his driveway was next.Have not heard from him since,wont even look at us.Still LMAO when i think about it.

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 08-03-2006).]

L
"Even hinting that you are introducing guns into the conflict can cause you serious problems. It is called "brandishing" (automatic revocation of your concealed carry license among other things) and if this ever does precipitate into violence you could end up being the one in jail. Nothing brings the cops faster than "man with a gun" calls.
Remember your "crazy" neighbor may have a gun too."

Would you mind pointing out what statute the crime of "brandishing" is located in? Nevermind, because there is no such thing. Not trying to be an *ss but misinformation when it comes to firearm laws is a pet peave of mine. Heres an exact copy and paste of the statute that deals with "brandishing" a firearm.

790.10 Improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms.--If any person having or carrying any dirk, sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, or other weapon shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit the same in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense, the person so offending shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

I regularly open carried in my former place of business and have opened carried on my property, there is not a thing anyone can do about it. I'm not suggesting bringing firearms into this dispute, in fact I'm against it as it's not a serious enough threat to warrant that type of action but I have done something similar in the past.

Found out a registered sex offender moved across the street from me, I made it a point to walk outside with a loaded AR15, FAL or H&K91 (depending on the day or what I was taking to the range) whenever he was outside, I am sure I got my point across. Now I did not point the weapon at him or say anything to him and I had witnesses that would testify to that if they were needed.

J
I'll tell ya, I'm always learning sometin' here. For years, I wondered what," Is that a seven niner zero dot ten ya got there? Or are you just happy to see me?", was supposed to mean. Enlightenment sometimes comes from amazing sources.
Joe

G
Lone, the word "brandishing" is used in the documentation that came with my concealed carry permit and was also used in the education course that we take.

The point I was making is if you take a war of words and even hint that you are going to escalate it with a weapon the cops WILL take it seriously. You can quickly change from the victim to the accused if the cop gets the wrong idea. The wrong person may end up handcuffed in the back of the car.

Greg Fretwell
W
Confucious say:
"He who seeks revenge, had better dig two graves."

Butch
Cat Servant
Hey- let's look to the rest of the world for advice! Nothing lobbing a few rockets won't fix..... or, better yet, strap a bomb to kitty and send him over!

We see where THIS road leads.

R
WOW!!!!
Joe: I just read what you posted, I would NOT want to peeve you off!! Although I really like the Megger thing, that I would love to see!

My neighbourhood has had its share of bad apples and still has the odd one but that one keeps to themselves.. In general my neighbourhood is like a big family... Everyone looks after everyone else, and occasionally get together just to see whats going on ( And yes we even have the neighbours that we only see at Christmas Thank God)... Same thing as well, We have keys to other neighbours places, they have keys to ours.. They can use our pool when they want, We can borrow their air compressor when we want, That sort of thing! NOT a problem with anyone at all!!

Oh ya Joe: Here is one to add to your list... If anyone peeves you off real bad AND owns a POOL...... Lob in excessive amounts of Chlorine Stabilizer... Chlorine will not work no matter how much is added because its now " locked".. Pool changes to green and they will have no choice but to dump water and add fresh [Linked Image]..
Oops, I think I have said enough!

A.D

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard