ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Circuit man,
heck maybe ya need to invite him over for a barbecue.that way you could see what's bugging him.
That's the best suggestion I've heard yet,
it's always better to get some dialouge happening between the two parties, rather than let things get all blown out of proportion by lack of communication.

D
If you guys knew the story behind this guy, the BBQ idea would not work....unless he was on the grill....

Some people think they own the world, and should be able to tell everyone what to do and when....like this knucklehead..

John, my ideas are still open for review [Linked Image]

B
If it turns out you must "cease & desist" you could always run your business from your truck. What could they say then?

G
What they say is "where is your place of business" on the license. That will be what the city bases the complaint on. Then you have to establish you are not causing an impact on your neighbors.
I understand the neighbor should have to establish you are causing the impact but code enforcement/zoning law is upside down.
It is a complaint driven agency and the person who has the complain lodged against them has the burden of proopf. Hopefully Redsy lives in a city where they are not against small businessmen.

On the flip side of this, if he does have to rent an "office" the city gets more property tax money so they can be co-conspiritors. Cape Coral is like that. You can't park a truck with a logo overnight in a residential area anywhere in the city.

Greg Fretwell
Revenge. Best taken cold.

Friday afternoon, after the township offices close for the weekend, erect a big sign out front.

"SITE OF PROPOSED PIG FARM"

When the township office calls you, say it's just a proposal and you haven't finalised enough details for a consent application yet.

Alan

Wood work but can't!
G
I suggest to watch each step of your neighbor, and for example when he starts to drill, apply for a silence-law at the police, or how to say.
Another idea, if he comes to you to ask for a favour, tell him you cannot do it without issuing an invoice and get paid officially.

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
H
I have a citation with the pertinent Township Code article.

Ah! Now that is different. You have been given a citation that you have to answer to. In that case I would suggest a lawyer, he or she will carry more weight than you will.

-Hal

John (Redsey)
Just a thought....do you belong to any contractors association?
Mine provides basic legal service from a real lawyer.

John

John
G
Redsy ---

I did not intend to say I did not believe you.

I intended to say your neighbor's side of the story has not been told.

Perhaps you should ask your neighbor what you can do to relieve his concerns.

(My nephew moved into a real nice neighborhood. Had a 3 car attacked garage. Wanted to build a 3 car detached garage to keep his business tools in - he is a general contractor. Could not understand why his neighbors complained.)

Cat Servant
George, your comments about folks seeing the same thing differently was first explained to me with the following story.

In the city, a man had his sleep disturbed by noise from the liquor store across the street. Folks coming and going, the tinkle of the door bell, the 'ka-ching' of the cash register...

His solution was to buy the liquor store. Now tha same sounds lull him to sleep....

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard