ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#68121 07/28/06 06:13 PM
T
toddyh Offline OP
Hi,

I have just received a patent on a new invention. I have been trying to get it patented for about 3 years now. It is a
tool to snake wire in a finished wall. The web site is www.magneticmouse.com I am not looking to sell this to you
infact i cant and the web site does not have a place to buy them all i want is your honest opion do you think it is
worth a company to sell this at a supply house. I have been working as a electrian for almost 5 years now and this
works great for me. all of you have snaked wires but with this you dont need another person to help you and you get
it the first time. This is why i love this product but i want to make sure i am not the only one. Thank you agian and
be honest.
todd

L
LK Offline
Years ago, when we worked a lot of balloon construction, a piece of tool stock, and a magnet was in everyones tool box, along with lead sinkers, for drops from above, now if you have something that can crawl thru the wall insulation, or the dead men, then you have something.

Congratulations on gaining your patent, Todd, now the real hurdles start- marketing, sales, fighting the copiers and ripoff artistes etc. Looks a good idea. Best of luck, you're going to need it!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
M
LK, we still use sash chains, ball chains and fiberglass rods. I used to snake wires by myself all the time. Flexible magnets. We'd pull 14/2 through 3/8" holes.

It looks like a fine product. I can just see my men losing them entirely to often.

What I don't see is, as LK said, this would help in an insulated wall.

Good luck

S
I think it looks pretty good. As long as the magnet doesn't scratch the sheetrock. It seems like a decent product. I'd probably buy one just to have it "just in case."

T
toddyh Offline OP
thanks for replying everyone. This will not damage the sheet rock it has a soft pad on one side of the magnet. I hope you all will see this at your supply house someday.
todd

Link Copied to Clipboard