ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#67781 07/15/06 01:08 PM
S
salewit Offline OP
I know these haven't been made in a long time, but if anyone has a source or has a few lying around, I need 3 pieces. I'll pay $20 for them plus shipping. I'm looking for the clip with the two prongs on the end, NOT the kind with the round tab sticking out.

This is for an estate where they're trying to keep everything original. It is also on a bank of 16 units and they're on a dimmer, so I don't want to convert the whole thing over.

Thx

#67782 07/15/06 04:53 PM
Black phenolic plastic, for "lumiline" linear incandescent lamp??

I'll have someone check in the shop Monday AM. If my memory hasen't failed, they may still be there.

John

John
#67783 07/15/06 05:10 PM
L
LK Offline
Try this site http://homepages.waymark.net/mikefirth/wishlist.htm#2

With the poor contact clips, and short lamp life, i would recommend replacing fixtures, if they are the clear lamps, then it would be difficult, to reproduce the lighting effect, poor lighting is not easy to reproduce.

#67784 07/15/06 10:40 PM
S
salewit Offline OP
LK: There are two links that keep coming up with these clips. The one you referenced talks about e-mailing a guy who runs this one http://hometown.aol.com/aratulalip/myhomepage/business.html . I've searched online extensively and the only shot I have left is finding someone that may have replaced a bunch of these and knew that they had value enough to keep.

As I said, replacing is NOT an option in this case. Actually the 16 lamps are mixed between frosted and clear 60W. But they have Solex glass in front of them, so it's almost impossible to see any difference.

Here's some pics I took of the clips I need. I hope I can display them here.

[Linked Image from samlewit.com]

[Linked Image from samlewit.com]

[This message has been edited by salewit (edited 07-15-2006).]

#67785 07/17/06 03:29 AM
E
e57 Offline
I claim to have seen a lot of old crap, never one of those.... If I did, it was only breifly before the hammer hit it.

I figure that guy is you best bet though... I do feel your pain.... Looking for the nearly non-existant old part can push you to ways of making one.... I'm surprised the inst someone selling a high temp moldable epoxy and tin cut-out kit for the purpose.

However if you were forced to go for a fixture change they do still make linerar incandesants. But differently. I think they are called linestra incandesants.
or something?????

OH the do make dimmable flouresants really well now.....

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 07-17-2006).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#67786 07/17/06 05:38 PM
Sorry, but that's not the ones that I have, nor have I ever seen that.

We had a Wiremold House that had everything, but he never saw that either. Looks like it could plug-in to a recept??
Good Luck
John

John
#67787 07/17/06 10:03 PM
G
GTE Offline
Used a lot of these years ago. They were used to plug in to plugmold. There were two types, one with narrow prongs so two could be placed in one receptacle back to back. One with wide prongs the same size as a standard plug. I will look tomorrow thru my wirmold stock to see if I have any.

#67788 07/17/06 10:08 PM
G
GTE Offline
If I remember right,I think they were made by National Electric. They gave a good even light, but if used on a dimmeer they would sing like hell.

#67789 07/19/06 10:34 AM
S
salewit Offline OP
One of the two prongs is actually a dummy just for mounting purposes. If you look closely in the 2nd pic, you can see that the disc is only connected to the left pin.

Sounds like these will be even harder to find than the normal ones. If anyone does have any, let me know at any time. We're just going to leave 2 out of the 16 lamps empty until/if I ever find them.

#67790 07/20/06 12:30 AM
E
e57 Offline
Ya know after I posted the thing about making one, some lurker sent me e-mail about injection die molds, and equipment to make the molds. Not you normal spam.......... Highly unusual....

Subject: Moulds and Moulding parts

Hello,
Thanks for your time to read the email.
We are a professional manufacturer for plastic injection moulds & various injection moulding parts.
High quality, competitive price, on time delivery and good serving.

If need, please go to below website for details.

http://www.sinic-mould.com

Best regards,

Yours truly,
Vicky Chi

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason

Link Copied to Clipboard