ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
LK Offline
The phone installers, and repair services, get $110 an hour, ring, and tip, and a meter with a good battery, their truck stock is 1/10 th of ours, just check your local phone directory, the rates are published.

R
Rewired Offline OP
Hey Everyone! Sorry for the slow response... Been tied up with work and a lot going on ' round here but thank you for the info again! I was just curious as to what others had to say because at the company I work for, we do have a pager that rotates between 3 of us similar to what JCooper has... Only difference is we get a measley $20 just to be on call...
Last weekend ( Canada day weekend ) I did have it go off twice.. Once was a legit emergency call where a booster pump in a hi-rise building went up in smoke, and its backup refused to start, the Other was where someone plugged in an A/C and everything stopped working... Not an emergency in my eyes, and it got taken care of the next regular business day ( both calls were for the same property management company)... Still WE only get paid time and a half to go out off hours to repair anything, but I am sure " da man" got a little something extra in his pocket... Not that I am complaining by any means, He did buy 2 new trucks and is sending 3 of us to get our " DZ" lisence so we are able to drive them! [Linked Image]

A.D

G
Most of the time in the big city we ran 3 shifts of somebody working but out in the rest of country the deal was 2 hours pay for carrying the pager. You had to negotiate whether it was 2 hours per shift, day or weekend. In Ft Myers Florida it was per day.
If they didn't have a pager guy it was call out from home, catch me if you can. That was a 4 hour minimum and paid time and a half or double time on sunday.
Back when things broke a lot we had guys doubling or tripling their salary.
The sweet deal was to get called out at dinner time, work until morning and go home and sleep in all day (on the clock), then get called out again. String out a week or two of that and you can start looking at a nicer car. You will need it to find a new wife.

Greg Fretwell
L
If we get a call out after hours/week ends etc. (other than 8-4 M-F) it is Portal to
portal with a minimum of 4 hours at X1.5. Emergency calls during the day (regular hours) we charge Portal to portal at X1.5 with a 3 hour minimum. Our "on call" is completly voluntary. We usually have 1 or 2 W/E calls so everyone wants the on-call.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard