ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 136 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#66663 06/12/06 10:20 PM
A
Just wondering how you guys might tackle this. I am doing the build outs on a few retail stores in a new strip center. We start a sunglass hut tomorrow.

Here's the question. CG that handled the erection and exterior work of the structure had an EC run the pipe for service laterals back to the xmfmr pads. All lateral pipes are 4" EPVC. Well all our services are only 200A and POCO requires us to use their can which only goes to 2.5" on the bottom KO's.

I wont go into how bad the pipes are out of plumb... it's a real mess.

I have seen this done with PVC (water pipe) reducing bushings and it looks like a hack job. Any advice on how to get from 4" to 2.5" and have it look respectable?

J
Any chance of putting a gutter between your lateral and the poco can?

E
I would consider installing a flush handhole a couple of feet out from the hut. If the dirt is already paved, then, I would consider a "C" condulet with a reducing bushing. You did indicate the riser is not too plumb. So, maybe the gutter idea is the only one that will work.

Earl
R
Assuming that EPVC is electrical PVC conduit, then Carlon makes a 4 x 3 bell reducer. Maybe you could use that along with a 3 x 2.5 PVC reducing bushing.
Don

Don(resqcapt19)

Link Copied to Clipboard