ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
WFO Offline
Zog,
If you typed all that without cutting and pasting from another source, you are without a doubt the most dedicated contributer to a forum that I have seen in years. Way to go!

Have those fingers put in traction.

[This message has been edited by WFO (edited 05-15-2006).]

P
John,

You mentioned the AC remote-control relay that was operated by shorting a low-voltage winding.

Over the years I've needed exactly such a relay, and I remembered them from dozens of 1960's vintage hobbyist electronic magazines, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember what they were called or who made them.

I can't remember a specific name or manufacturer either. I do remember picking up one of Tab Books ubiquitous projects books from the early 1970s when I was a kid which was projects almost entirely based around these relays: A remote low-voltage switch for a lamp, TV commercial silencer, a control for a pedestal drill with the secondary coil between the drill ground an insulated plate on the base so that the drill would start automatically when the bit touched the metal piece being drilled, etc.

Unfortunately, that book went on a clear out a good few years ago, so I can't check on the manufacturer.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard