ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 381 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
I think that e57 identified an important point:

We _do_ have political discussions, about _electrical_ politics, and these discussions are allowed to remain up. These discussions get quite heated at times, and get moderated for things like language and politeness, but the _actual concepts_ are not censored or moderated (as far as I can tell as a reader).

If Bill and the moderators were censoring ideas which were _on topic_ but which they _disagreed with_, then that would be their right but I would simply leave, because this would tremendously reduce the value of the discussions here.

-Jon

Edited to add: _Discussions_ of what is on topic or not are generally considered _not on topic_ in just about every discussion group that I've participated in, not just here, but on a diverse set of discussion forums over the past 15 years. If you feel that a particular topic really is directly related to the mission of a particular board, I strongly suggest private e-mail with the moderator of that board.

[This message has been edited by winnie (edited 05-02-2006).]

Whether the Webmaster or any of the moderators disagree or agree with someone's opinion has nothing to do with the way that this Forum is moderated, and never has.

kain10, if you need any further explanation feel free to email me and I can help you.
Just click on my email address in my profile
I see your profile lists no email address.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 05-02-2006).]

M
My personal (and very simplistic) take on this matter:

I am constantly bombarded by things of a political nature, via radio, TV, print, and the spoken word at places where I meet with others - church, the fire hall, the theater, EMS station, as well as the local hardware store and barber shop (although the hair-cutting profession around here is usually accompanied by a vigorous discussion about fishing [Linked Image]).

The good people who frequent ECN do so primarily because they share an interest (and love) for matters electrical, hence my reason for being here.

Thanks.

Mike (mamills)

G
I'd like to send a message to our moderators. They've done an excellent job of keeping these forums on track; keep up the good work.

I've left many other forums because the topics strayed and ended up getting insulting or worse.

Nobody knows better how a comment of "I don't like this" devolves into attacks on politicians, parties, individuals, ethnicities, and more. I was on a forum last year where almost a week went by that weren't any posts other than personal attacks between 4 of the members...what a waste!

I've been quite grateful since I've been a member of this forum that there are some folks who are so quick to nip a problem in the bid, instead of allowing it to grow to multiple pages and get REALLY ugly.

Many thanks, moderators...

Ghost307
C
i agree with the rest of the guys. the moderators only take steps to keep things from getting out of hand.i think they do an excellent job at what they do.sometimes we may not understand why they delete some things ,but i belive it's for the best. my hat's off to all of the moderators!keep up the good work!

R
Generally speaking, the moderators here don't have to do much, which really is a credit to everyone here, not just the moderators. [Linked Image]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
I have to add:
I've been here as a "guest" of Bill, and a "friend" of what I think is quite a few 'members' for quite a while.

This is a trade type forum, for people (professionals) engaged in the electrical trades, and basically anyone who cares to drop-in.

IMHO, Mr. Bill, and the Moderators do what they have to to keep things 'under control' & orderly. (period)

John

John
F
We learn by posting and reading. I have learned much about the business practice, and as a new business owner, the advice I get is priceless. Thank You All!

I am also learning what not to address on this forum. The subjects of Uni ns, Il lgal elec rical empl yees, and Dr g t sting of employees , and licen ed elec ricians is taboo. Probably more also, but I won't know until I stumble over them. I am not upset that threads are being deleated as long as I can still learn what I need to know to run a sucessful business.

R
I would like to echo Ryan's post.

Overall the moderators don't do much more than participate the same as all of you. [Linked Image]

Thank you all.

Roger

I
Overall the moderators don't do much more than participate the same as all of you.

Very true. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard