ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
trollog Offline OP
Put my leg through the drywall ceiling while in an attic today. I had just suceeded in fishing some wires that did not want to fish down the wall through a hole that did not want to let anything pass, and in my excitement to get downstairs and finish pulling the *gee-dee* thing, I absentmindedly stepped on that *one* creaky board in the catwalk that I had noticed before and trod lightly upon every other time. I always privately laughed at anyone else who had done this, and today I joined the club. Thanks for listening.. This post has been cathartic [Linked Image]

G
HVAC guys say "that's where the return goes".

Greg Fretwell
E
Haha, I can relate, did so this weekend, on my belly in attic fishing a wire, goes through, and in my excitment to go downstairs I miss a joist and put my foot through the lath and plaster cieling *crack* although I could NOT believe how lucky I was, the cieling had another cieling laid below it-acoustic tiles on oneXtwos, so my size 14 boot only went through the non-visible part of the cieling *phew*

Ryan,
You aren't the first to do it and you won't be the last.
Personally I've never broken a cieling or wall, I have broken most other things as an apprentice though. [Linked Image]

T
I fell through a ceiling when I was 17 yrs. old. It hasn't happened since, but a couple weeks ago I stepped on the ceiling from the attic. If it hadn't been plaster I probably would have done some damage. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I learned a long time ago that it's OK to make a mistake, as long as you fix the mistake.

Dave

Ah, but before the repairs, you have to live down the laughter of workmates. Nothing is funnier than seeing someone else's short fat hairy leg, attached to a large work-boot, appear through a finished ceiling. Unless it's waiting for the inevitable string of muffled expletives that are bound to follow. [Linked Image]

Alan

Wood work but can't!
Cat Servant
Could be worse....The one and only time I put my foot through the ceiling, it was the ceiling above the girls' shower room at a Jr. High School!

S
I've gone through twice.

Once in a hallway, the other into a closet.

Both times were in newer home with sheetrocked ceilings.

G
Never stepped through drywall but I did have similar experience with a block wall at my house. I was getting cocky with my new side grinder/diamond blade combo, cutting in boxes in the bedroom renovation. I would cut it in with the diamond blade and just tap it with my 10lb sledge in a slow pendulum arc.
The chunk would fall out and I had a perfect hole for the box. I got to the last one and when I tapped it nothing happened so I cocked the hammer a few inches farther back. The third time was successful but there was a bright shaft of light coming through the hole. When I bent down to see where the light was coming from I saw my dog, in the yard, with his nose in the hole.
The mason had dropped a little chunk of block in the hole and my "tap" was faithfully transmitted to the outside web of the block. The hole outside was about 8" in diameter.

Greg Fretwell
M
This one is almost not funny. My time was because I passed out from heat stroke in an attic. I learned how to treat myself a lot more carefully after that one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard