ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#64180 04/01/06 06:52 PM
S
Any truth to the following:

THE DARK SUCKER THEORY
For years, it has been believed that electric bulbs emit light, but recent information has proved otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light; they suck dark. Thus, we call these bulbs Dark Suckers.
The Dark Sucker Theory and the existence of dark suckers prove that dark has mass and is heavier than light.
First, the basis of the Dark Sucker Theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. For example, take the Dark Sucker in the room you are in. There is much less dark right next to it than there is elsewhere. The larger the Dark Sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark Suckers in the parking lot have a much greater capacity to suck dark than the ones in this room.
So with all things, Dark Suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the dark spot on a full Dark Sucker. The dark which has been absorbed is then transmitted by pylons along to power plants where the machinery uses fossil fuel to destroy it.
A candle is a primitive Dark Sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You can see that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark that has been sucked into it. If you put a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, it will turn black. This is because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. One of the disadvantages of these primitive Dark Suckers is their limited range.
There are also portable Dark Suckers. In these, the bulbs can't handle all the dark by themselves and must be aided by a Dark Storage Unit. When the Dark Storage Unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable Dark Sucker can operate again.
Dark has mass. When dark goes into a Dark Sucker, friction from the mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating Dark Sucker. Candles present a special problem as the mass must travel into a solid wick instead of through clear glass. This generates a great amount of heat and therefore it's not wise to touch an operating candle. This is easily proven for light bulbs too. When you compress a gas, it gets hot, right? So the light bulb gets hot because of all the dark being squished into the wires.
Also, dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats at the top. That is why it is called light.
Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were to stand in a lit room in front of a closed, dark closet, and slowly opened the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet. But since dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet. So next time you see an electric bulb, remember that it is not a light emitter but a Dark Sucker.

Thanks
Steve
#64181 04/01/06 07:06 PM
D
There's a (dark) sucker born every minute......

[Linked Image]

Dnk....

#64182 04/01/06 07:51 PM
E
e57 Offline
Soooo.... Shadows are created by something in the way of dark being sucked off the wall, or floor.... So the SUN, really sucks... So black holes are really just full of dark? Or do they emmit light?

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#64183 04/01/06 09:06 PM
C
LMFAO. i got half way through the post and just couldn't help myself

#64184 04/02/06 03:36 AM
M
That was good. The speed of dark. Alfred E. could have used this to complete his work on a unified theory of physics.

#64185 04/02/06 04:49 AM
L
[Linked Image from aoqz76.dsl.pipex.com]
Dark Sucker

[This message has been edited by Larry Fine (edited 04-02-2006).]

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
#64186 04/02/06 11:28 AM
S
skingusmc, you just ruined my theory. I was always under the impression that dark suckers actually sent the dark back to the POCO, which in turn sent it to people who didn't pay their light bill.

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"
#64187 04/02/06 08:55 PM
S
This sounds like a relative of the DEAD, or Dark-Emiting Arsinide Diode. This is a device that's useful for creating shadows, illuminating black holes, and things like that.

#64188 04/02/06 09:21 PM
L
Maybe the home-theater crowd can use this technology for better black performance.

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
#64189 04/03/06 12:25 AM
T
Another relative would be the 1Noo (infinity) Black Hole Diode.. as detailed in Byte about 28 years ago..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard