ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 524 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#64176 04/03/06 07:32 AM
Ah, Mike, the subtle differences between American and The Queen's English! Fitness as in muscle tone vs fitness for purpose. One has to be so careful, a trunk is on an elephant not the boot of a motor-car, lighting up a fag is igniting a cigarette and reaching into a drawer for a rubber an innocent pencil eraser. [Linked Image]

Alan

Wood work but can't!
#64177 04/03/06 07:53 AM
very good Alan, [Linked Image]

FWIW ..............Werner makes a 375lb. fiberglass ladder !

and "fit for duty " has become boilerplate contract language and is used as another excuse,...... I mean tool..... for a contractor to screen current and prospective employees thru random drug testing......even though the criteria to determine an individuals abilties is shrouded in a grey fog,

also, if someone has had certain surgeries and begins to gain weight they , according to some folks here have become unfit .... and can be terminated or not hired and THAT is a load of dung

Tom
#64178 04/07/06 02:11 PM
G
Mike, to tell the truth, I'm glad you have learned to swim!

Best times of my life I have spent by water, swimming. Tho I almost drowned once, I can only feel free whenever I'm swimming. And it is not about my sexual life [Linked Image]
I simply take water as an element of my life which I have to miss 8-9 months a year, but I can go back, and I can hardly wait to be in the lake again. [Linked Image]

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
#64179 04/07/06 04:07 PM
F
One of our local electric utilities has a weight limit to remain employed. It is in the contract and it is enforced. Yearly physicals are required for the employee's CDL which is required to operate a company vehicle. If you can't retain your CDL due to a weight/BP problem you have 6 months to correct the problem. Employees know this from the git-go and I have no problem with it. An employer has a right to protect itself and its other employees from workers who allow themselves to become a danger to the public, their co-workers and themselves.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard