ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 586 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
I started doing mostly residential when I worked for a local EC then changed to mostly commercial, industrial (Commercial 75%, Industrial 20% Residential 5%)

I now work at a manufacturing plant when I started there it was 100% wiring. I now do mostly automation PLCs ect. 85% and wiring 15%.

G
I'm an electrician with a background in electronics and computer programing Majority of my experience was in maintenance in an industrial setting, currently I work as a electrical designer for a company that makes
modular office furniture, walls and flooring.

S
I was apprenticed in in much more commercial/industrial than residential. Since i've been a solo act (can't find a helper to put up with me) [Linked Image] it's been the other way around.
I do savor the Comm/Ind when i can land a bid, but there's a $$ in residential & if your choices of clientel are wise, it usually goes ok.

G
OK, but it still looks like a resume. topped out of my 4 year apprenticeship with the IBEW in 76, mostly commercial, 15% industrial, with a brief interlude in some residential during the depression of 75. Went in busines for myself in 1980, went to work at a LARGE prison in 1992 (HV and power generation), Congress closed the prison, went to work at Dulles as an inspector in 99 (don't know if I could still be an electrician with any production, BAD arthritis), left there a few months ago to do the same thing at the Pentagon. In 1984, I started teaching at a local ABC apprenticeship, and have been doing that ever since as well. Also have a background in electronics, as well as several other "specialties" acquired along the way such as splicing, Class A lineman certs, bunches of master licenses, and IAEI certs in all 3 electrical areas.

Wow! I didn't expect such a big responce to my post. I should include that I am also an instructor, and have been estimating for the last 2 years. I landed my master's back in Febuary.
I'm always interested in other people in the electrical industry. From the looks of the line up listed above, we could open a shop and tackle any job in the country.

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
90% Residential, split 60-40 between new and old work. 10% light commercial, mostly service calls, etc. very little commercial construction, although I'm wiring a new vet's office now.

I'm self employed, I name my own hours... I just work all of 'em!

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
I apprenticed with an ABC res/comm shop in Chicago after 4 years in the Army. Spent twelve years working for a suburb of Chi maintaining street lights, traffic signals and city buildings while contracting for a kithen and bath designer/remodeling.
For the last 3 years, specializing in lighting and sign repair and installation throughout central Florida.

E
I like to say that my BS in Elec. Eng. (solid state electronics, '70) makes me fearless, but not being grown up enough to manage employees limits the hours I can give. I'm in my 24th year as a contractor, 45% residenial, mostly old, 25% commercial and 30% paid to talk (as an "electrical expert" for a magazine that caters to first time homeowners).

Al Hildenbrand
W
I'm an electrical inspector in South Texas and I also own an elctrical contracting business - 80% residential and 20% commercial. Trying to stick to new residential as to avoid the Texas State Comtrollers Office (sales tax)in 2002

W
Should have used spell check (electrical)(comptroller)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard