ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 402 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
The bottom line is to forget about politics completely. Trust the moderators, they do the best they can, considering they are babysitting a bunch of blue-collar low-lifes who aren't intelligent enough to make an HONEST living in the corporate world.

Cat Servant
Look, I have my own political ideas...and a multitude of places in which to indulge them. I do not consider ECN one of them!
Even among like-minded friends, political discussions become tedious FAST. Now, some folks just can't have a bowl of cornflakes without spinning off on a political tangent- I truly pity these folks.....mainly because so many of them consider themselves to be 'clever.'

So maybe it is necessary to have a heavy hand....unless we all act like more mature adults, and NOT let some yahoo's silly remark draw us all off on a tangent.

Now, one politician who is always welcome here is Lech Walensa....but only since he's an electrician!

J
Now, one politician who is always welcome here is Lech Walensa....but only since he's an electrician!

Not too long ago, a certain US official took alot of heat after telling another official to perform an action after he had been called a crook. In a debate sometime after this, he mentioned that he held an electrician card for 6(?) years in one state. I hadn't realized this and said, "So that's how he learned to talk like that!"
Joe

Webmaster,

thank you for the courteous response,

I understand your position and wish to commend both you and your moderators for maintaining the mostly civil tone of this forum..
.which for me is not without its difficulties.

but, the way Marcs thread ended just seemed weird....

Thank you again for running this forum and attracting the enormous talent pool that resides here.

I now know better.!

Tom

Tom
G
I usually assume that the thread will turn into a rant whenever it contains a phrase like "...and this will never change until so-and-so changes their position on this-and-that".
So the 'so-and-so' supporters and the 'so-and-so' bashers all come out of the woodword; and we never get closure on the electrical issue that was SUPPOSED to be the topic of the thread.
If I remember my history class correctly (I daydreamed through a lot of them), someone said "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". We all have opinions, but deriding one that you disagree with isn't the way to address it...and certainly not on the electrical forum.
Let's keep the electrical issues paramount and the political issues absent please.

Ghost307
S
First, to everyone from the Administrator, Moderators, and everyone else who posts in ECN, I would like to say a big thankyou. I've picked up lots of information from everyone here, and this way of networking with one another in a common forum is great!

The Never Ending Story was a lot of fun....it was something that I looked forward to reading each evening. Personally, there wasn't a thing in there that I found to be offensive.

That being said, if there is such a concern over political content, why is the thread in its entirety with the political content still there for people to read?

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"
E
So anybody want to go hunting? [Linked Image]

R
Sixer, it's still there because it was closed when it was closed. [Linked Image]

Roger

L
Bill - Keep up the great work! This is a highly successful site due to sticking to the rules and not being afraid to edit out. Too many of these forums are not watched over and they quickly fade. You can't please all the people all the time

P
it's still there because it was closed when it was closed.

Which is kind of why I made the decision to shut down the follow-up "Thanks" thread as well. It's not that anything posted in it was objectionable in itself, but I could see that unless everyone was very, very careful it could easily head that way.

I've seen threads on other boards where a heated topic is eventually closed, and a follow-up "Why was this closed?" thread soon degenerates into the same sort of posts as those which caused the original to be ended. It was not my intent to be heavy-handed or to imply that anything posted in that thread was wrong, just a precautionary measure to keep things that way.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard