ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 274 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
F
frank Offline OP
I have to run an isolated ground circuit from a L.I.M panel in a hospital O.R room for operating lights.
Ive done this many times in the past in different hospitals and always used EMT.
The supervisor i have now is dead set on using PVC.Inspection never mentioned a problem with past installations.
I looked it up in the code and they do specify PVC unless The building code states otherwise.
I don't have a building code book for Ontario but believe PVC not allowed in hospital construction.I don't know if it's ft6 rated or not.
Since the supervisor wants PVC thats what i will do and see what the CCS inspector has to say when he sees it.
I can't really call him to ask now and don't want to bring it up after the fact so any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Another possibility would be ISO AC90 but does it come with brown and Orange and would it be legal for a retrofit?Ive also seen regular ac90 used in some older installations.
thanks

R
I have moved this thread into the Canadian Electrical Code Topics, please reply there.
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000294.html

Roger

Link Copied to Clipboard