ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, ampherder), 273 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
HCE727 Offline OP
Two long stories short.
I do a job for a GC, owes me $2,300.00, go to his house, pick up the money, $200.00 short.He say's his son's college tuition is due, he will call me when he gets it. I wonder if when he goes to the supermarket, he tells them the same thing? is it me?

I do a job for another big shot GC, owes me $1,400.00, I get $700.00 two months later. I repeatedly call for a month and a half, he won't answer. Now its tax time, he calls me three days in a row asking me for my tax id #, without giving me the other $700.00. is it me?

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 02-10-2006).]

Hank
D
It wasn't someone I know was it?

You in upper darby, we should list bad GC's for those around us somehow........

Those snakes just wait for someone to screw, you ain't the first, you ain't gonna be the last...

Mechanics liens before settlements are a good option, but for that amount, I'm not sure it's worth it...

Dnk...

[This message has been edited by Dnkldorf (edited 02-09-2006).]

HCE727 Offline OP
Yo Dink, I was up your end today. Did a 200-a service cable change.

Hank
... I AM FED UP TO HERE (my hand is on my ear)WITH SLIMEY GC's!!!!

... They do absolutely NOTHING, and expect to make money off of us.... They want us to cut our rates so that they in turn could inflate the price to the H.O.... I've had it,..I got shafted royally this year to the tune of at least $10,000.00 between lowering my rates to get the crappy jobs to their dead-beat homeowners not paying for their extras!! I'm getting a lien on the house if I don't get my money... Same thing as above...the jerk owes me $3600.00 right now,and he calls me to "come and pick up my check"...he's too cheap to throw a .39 cent stamp on it and throw it in the mail,..I get there,after a nice 40 minute jaunt,..and the check is in an envelope taped to his front door...made out for a lousy $1500.00.... I'm quitting them, and I will not be working for a lousy,thieving GC again...I'd rather sit home and watch Oprah with my wife than go to work and get shafted!!
Russ

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 02-09-2006).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
HCE727 Offline OP
Like I said Attic, is it me/you?

Hank
HCE727 Offline OP
The other thing that me off about GC's is " I didn't get paid from the customer yet". I don't know what that means.
I guess that they have 0 in their account, and when they get paid , you get paid. I tell them that I worked for you, not the customer.

Hank
HCE727 Offline OP
I'll give you one more. I do a job for another punk GC, get paid, $60.00 short.He tells me that the job ran out of money and that he will pay me on the next one. Next job I do for him he pays me $2,000.00 with one check and $60.00 in another check. the one for $60.00 bounces! Gotta' have alot of or is it me?

Hank
D
Boy, do you work for some bad GC's....

You don't carry a gun do you?

Dnk....

E
e57 Offline
Funny, I was on this subject today with a Super' for a GC, both of us talking about when we were on our own. (Before we re-gained gainfull employment...)

And the topic of this sentance came up.
"It's only buisiness..."

The idea that you can contract someone out to do work for you with no intention of paying - ever. Knowing that even if you lawyer up and chase them it will cost you more, and you still wont get paid. Even if you put a lien on them, as they have no intention of selling it, it makes no difference to them. An old boss of mine taught me this... Even with a getting pre-lien info, if the there is not a title held by some bank, get as much as you can up front. If there is a bank involved, it is thier property as collateral, if you put a lien on it, THEY make sure you get paid. Some small buisiness or home owner who own property out-right, knowing that you can't attack thier credit rating without some serious hassle, could just shaft you.

What I think should be more available to the likes of us, is access to the likes of Equifax and other credit reporting agencies. The stick you, pay late or not at all, you get to sling a black blotch...

You can get thier check service... You call right there and then before accepting thier check, they guarantee a percentage of it, and if it bounces, black blotches are slung.

Worst case, if it gets to the rare point that it is worth it, you could sell thier debt to a collection agency at a loss.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
I
HCE727 Clean it up, this is not a constrution site.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard