ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#61537 01/28/06 12:07 PM
Jersey guys:
Anybody still looking for CEU's????

2/10/06: East Brunswick arae 5 hrs- Motors
2/17 & 2/18 10 hr NEC and LAW! (5+5)

John

John
H
John,

I think that I will just shelve my Lic. because I don't have a Bus. permit nor a bond. I also dropped the insurence. I took the 10hr course already, but taking another more CEU's is just crazy for AHJ's who don't practice their trade. I wish our AHJ CEU's would count for the Cont. Lic.

L
LK Offline
"I wish our AHJ CEU's would count for the Cont. Lic."

harold,

The whole CEU process needs to be looked into, and some changes are in order, the problem that exists now, is they created a new business, of CEU instruction, so any changes will impact that business, now the real question is, will the CEU business determine instruction, and format, or will the intrested parties, both the board of electrical contractors, and electrical contractors input determine the direction this takes, lets see if they let the dogs guard the chicken house.

Yes, the inspectors CEU's should be accepted, along with some update courses, as i said we need a review, and we need input from all the contractors, and inspectors.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 01-28-2006).]

H
LK,

I belong to my local contractors assoc. and do you know what some of the CEU's they offered? Defensive driving, There was a course about the contractor insurence, and one that was a course about your taxes. I am sitting here tonight thinking about signing up again ( for $300) to join the assoc. again.
BTW, I tried to go online to NJmylic.com to see about my lic. and I couldn't get on. It kept timing me out. Has either of you tried that website?

L
LK Offline
harold,

I am waiting for the printed application, no did not try on line.

What, i would like to see, is the courses being offered long before the last minute race we now have, the problem is , the companies offering courses say they can't get eniough enrollment until the last minute, to justify running a class early on.

G
Can you get your CEUs online? I filled some of the hard to get courses (florida building law and ADA) from Red Devil. I won't say I really learned much but I did get my ticket punched.
One problem with them running the classes right at the deadline is if they have a postponement, as we did because of Wilma, a lot of guys will be late.

Greg Fretwell
Harold:
I have not attempted to renew Lic & BP...yet
If I have a few minutes Wed, I may give it a shot. CEU's that I mentioned above do not have anything you listed, it's all "trade"

The $300 is for CEU, or Assoc Dues???

Greg:
NO, no online as of now......moone said NJ State is with the times.

John

John
G
I was wrong about the name. It is Red Vector. They say they are no good in New Jersey. Strange http://www.redvector.com/web_store/view_courses.asp

[This message has been edited by gfretwell (edited 01-31-2006).]

Greg Fretwell
L
LK Offline
gfretwell,

The reason you will not see online courses in New Jersey is, the state clains that by requiring CEU's jobs would be created, to provide the instruction, and of course the state would collect revenue from another created industry, just waiting for tiolet paper to be taxed here, i guess they are in cacus, trying to decide to tax by the sheet or the roll, don't hold your breath waiting for online courses.

C
Sounds like another one of our infamous Jersey rackets in the making which seems to be the way the home inspection business is going. BTW, I updated my license and business permit online...not without some effort entering the official ID codes. You really have to figure out the difference between numerals and letters which look alike. It may take a few shots at it.

All of our state "movers 'n shakers", "anyone whose anybody", etc., are on an annual train ride to D.C. for some political partying for a few days. I think the train should go to Camden instead...party-on guys.

Andy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard