ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 466 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Harold:
Yes, the "34" hours can be tough....you know what the AHJ requires on top of that, and I'm doing the CO course at Ocean County College; 15 weeks, 1 nite, 45-60 hours.

EDIT: Yes, I have IAEI registration for ICS/HHS/Plan Review since day one. TY

Mahlere:
As to the non-lic.; I for one, and I know of many more (AHJ's) keep our eyes open, and I have NO problem 'dropping the dime', and writing a Notice of Violation for the max civil $$$$$ that I can.

What the Board does afterward, I have no control over. We also ask the EC's to keep their eyes open, and call us/me if they are uncomfortable.

Celtic:

Thanks for the Board response above. Time permitting I check it out. Amazing of the 'payment plans'???

John

[This message has been edited by HotLine1 (edited 03-01-2006).]

John
Les:
Thanks for the "thumbs-up" on the Fault Calcs.

BTW, I do not do 'commercial" CEU's. IF a guest rep does a presentation, it has to be approved by the BOE. Yes, 'guest' speakers
are company reps, and yes, they mention their products, hand out literature, and samples, if they have any. This should not be objectionable, and IF it is, let me know.

Les, the comments within are not directed to you, nor anyone else directly; just running my brain.

John

John
M
hotline,

how many HVAC contractors down in your area tie in their own electric? pull permits?

It just seems that this state (please note, I'm not calling out the inspectors on this - I have a dozen friends (and a father) who are licensed inspectors) finds it easier to beat up on the licensed, law abiding contractors, than really track down the unlicensed guys.

I appreciate that you are trying to do something about it, but you are only one man.

thanks

Mahlere:
HVAC requires a Lic EC. 95% of the HVAC guys have 'pocket' EC's for permits. Yes, I/we do try to catch the 5%, $500 first offense at Twp level. Furnaces/boilers are a free for all, but require permits.

As to 'who' does the HVAC re-connect?????

I have a further comment on this, but I would prefer to keep it private.

BTW, there are two elec insp in Twp; and we work very close with seven other insp; Fire; Plumb; Building, etc.

Yes, it's tough.

John

John
M
np. thanks again.

H
Celtic,

No I haven't read the BoEoEc's website. I am not even sure where that is. I will be happy to chek out http://www.nj.gov/lps/ca/electric/minutes/elecmin.htm...
website when I leave here. There was one of our MCECA members who would go after the unlic. guy with a passion. He has since passed on. As an AHJ when I first started I complained to the Bo of Exminers and they wouldn't do much about it back then. I haven't tried since though and if I see something in the future, I will try them again.

E
Do anyone know where or who may be giving last minute seminars for NJ ceu', also is anyone else short on hours

Now that someone brought this back to life...Edmanobil, I sent you a PM on this matter.

Hey LK! just an FYI on a comment you made back when...
"Fault Current Calcs, now that is something that would be a good subject for CEU's"

I did FCCs last year, two hours, had 19 guys, just enough handouts for the unexpected crowd. THe course worked out very well, with no complaints from anyone, and...no 'nappers'!!!

John
H
Ed,

Check with a local supply house, a lot of the CEU teachers leave their calling cards at the supply houses. Are you in North, Central or South Jersey?

E
Thanks for all the input fellows

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard