ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 381 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
We do not need any of that trash here, we already have enough drug dealers, prostitutes, drug addicts, poor, enough section eight, pot holes in the street, the stench of a sewage treatment plant, trash to steam plant, concrete plant, numerous recycling plants and are most price possession crooked politicians. So I don’t think that would help any.

M
gentlemen, i think the NJECA really messed up on this one. The state council has been less than stellar for many years, but the extra 24 hrs does not help electrical contractors.

we need to crack down on unlicensed work, get the townships to work with us more, get the utilities to work with us more and a bunch of other items.

Sitting through an extra 24 hrs of CE that usually are nothing more than product commercials does not make my job better or easier.

L
LK Offline
It appears the contractors are busy eniough trying to survive, the electrical contractor is getting continued education, every job he plans, every piece of material he orders, and every day he supervises the job, there are areas where he may need updating, but please 24 hours of courses on subjects he should of had, before getting a license.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 02-25-2006).]

Gentlemen:

'Jersey bashing', politics, and trash talk aside......

I don't want to abuse this site, and if the following is out of line....PLEASE delete.

Anybody that has any suggestions for any trade related subjects that qualify as "Continuing Ed"....STEP Forward PLEASE.

Yes, I have to do the 34 just like everyone else, and yes I am approved as a CEU instructor. Sure, some of the topics may be considered as "BORING", and I for one sure hope that the EC's all already know the 'basics'.

I'm preparing a CEU on Fault Current Calcs. I have a few 'other' topics that are in the planning stages, and a few that are a mere thought.

Again.....any suggestions????????

My e-mail is in my profile, for one-on-one.

John

John
Bump up please!

Any comments?????

John 2/28/2006 5:25PM EST

John
L
LK Offline
Fault Current Calcs, now that is something that would be a good subject for CEU's

H
John,

I was talking to Sue from the DCA and asked her about the AHJ's and renewing their Cont. Lic. She said that she too has a Cont. Lic. and she too had to take the 24 hr CEU's. She did say that she (DCA) and the Board of Examiners were talking about that issue. She feels that maybe come this fall the CEU requirments for AHJ's will count toward their EC lic.

P.S. Is your ICS/HHS licesnse registered with the IAEI? If so, your ICS/HHS lic might be good in other states.

H
Oh John,
I forgot to mention. Talk about the Board of Examiners (BE), they will jump all over the Lic. Contractor, but they lack some bite when it comes to the UNlicense people. Have you any experience with that?

C
harold endean:

...but they lack some bite when it comes to the UNlicense people.

Have you read the minutes from the BoEoECs?

Some of these people got a serious bite...http://www.nj.gov/lps/ca/electric/minutes/elecmin.htm...
one unfortunate soul got hit with a $31k fine.

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...
M
celtic, for every one that they catch, you know as well as i do, that there are 100 that they don't catch.

as for the guy with a $31K fine, what did he do? most first offenses aren't even fines. My guess is he was a habitual offender.

secondly, i don't feel bad for any of the unlicensed guys that get caught and fined. They take money out the mouths of my family and yours.

How much money (both in time and actual dollars) have you spent to get your license and do this legally?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard