ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
e57 Offline OP
Anyone know where I can find some good official information about the listing of ground crimps, and the tools allowed to use for each. I would like to print them, wrap them around a 2x4 and hit someone with it.... (New guy with bad habits that can't seem to be broken. Crimps with linemans, with no crimp die...)

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
N
Read the package that the splice caps came in. Buchanan 2006S says to use their C24 pres-SURE tool.

S
The Ideal crimps can be crimped with thier linemans, with the crimper. The instructions say so.
This is probably because the Ideal crimps are steel while the Buchannans are thinner copper, if I remember correctly (very few Buch. dealers around here).
I do have the Buchannan 4-way crimper but I use my D2000-9NECR or Ideal linemans to crimp the Ideal ground barrels.

Speedy Petey

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
I
2005 UL White Book.

WIRE CONNECTORS (ZMKQ)
CRIMP TOOLS CLASSIFIED FOR USE WITH
SPECIFIED WIRE CONNECTORS (ZMLS)

USE

This category covers crimp tools that have been investigated and found suitable for use with specific Listed Grounding and Bonding Equipment (KDER), Quick Connect Terminals (RFWV), Wire Connectors and Soldering Lugs (ZMVV) and Wire Connector Adaptors (ZMOW) in accordance with the Classification Mark and a compatibility list provided with the tool.

The inside cover of the tool storage case or a permanently attached label to the tool itself contains a compatibility list that tabulates the company name and catalog number of the crimp tool and the company name, catalog number, wire size and number of crimps of the applicable UL Listed grounding and bonding connectors, quick connect terminals, wire connectors and wire connector adaptors for which the crimp tool has been investigated.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

For additional information, see Electrical Equipment for Use in Ordinary Locations (AALZ).

REQUIREMENTS

The basic requirements used to investigate products in this category are contained in Subject 1976, ‘‘Outline of Investigation for Crimp Tools for Use with Wire Connectors’’. LOOK FOR CLASSIFICATION MARK ON PRODUCT The Classification Mark of Underwriters Laboratories Inc. on the product is the only method provided by UL to identify products manufactured under its Classification and Follow-Up Service. The Classification Mark for these products includes the UL symbol, the word ‘‘CLASSIFIED’’ above the UL symbol (as illustrated in the Introduction of this Directory), the product identity ‘‘Crimp Tool for Use with UL Listed Grounding and Bonding Connectors, Quick Connect Terminals, Wire Connectors and/or Wire Connector Adaptors Identified in the Instructions Provided,’’ and a control number.

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
E
e57 Offline OP
Oooo. Thanks Iwire, thats pretty much what I was looking for. But with that, Klien linemans with the crimp on them don't have anything on them, or on the packaging of them for what that crimp is listed for....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason

Link Copied to Clipboard