ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#60129 12/23/05 07:44 AM
M
Lutron has the Maestro, Leviton the Mural, P&S the Leandro. Has anyone installed enough of them to offer an opinion on quality?

#60130 12/23/05 11:26 AM
A
A great money maker. Instead of selling 1 dimmer you sell a few. For many 3 ways it makes sence to control the light from both ends. A standard dimmer could be set so low you have no light to go up a stairs or what ever.

I only have used the Maestro. Myself I get tired of the fade from off to on feature. But many people like it. The slow fade off is neat if your leaving the room. I believe there is a simular version that you could adjust the fade rate. I forgot if it was the Spacer, IR, or ?. I also like them becacse it is not a slide or rotory dimmer that seem to get loose and warn with time.

Do figure a bit more time installing. It matters what travelier gos on what screw (was a pig tail). I think they could do a better job with the instructions and diagrams. I want to say it only shows how to hook it up when the remote is on the switch leg side. You can hook the remote up to the hot side but it has to be wired slightly different.

I read the directions, looked in the back of the catolog, and went to their seminar but was never really told how they work. I herd on travilier is a hot and the other is a signal wire but I don't know. If they don't work start flipping traveliers and make sure the dimmer is on (air gap switch at the bottom).

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard