ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 269 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#59854 12/16/05 09:08 PM
Trumpy Offline OP
Hi there folks,
It's been a wee while since we had one of these threads.
But, I'd like to say welcome to all tose folks that have joined the crowd here.
Please feel free to introduce yourself.
The floor is all yours: [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
I'd also like to say hello to the new people and welcome them to the board.

I've been here for about 6-7 months and have learned an awful lot just by reading.

I had never even considered whether or not a GFCI recepetacle had to be readily accesible until I started coming here :-)

Welcome to all the new members also

T
I guess I'll take a minute to introduce myself.

My name is Kevin, and I'm a Commercial Property Manager/Electrical Contractor from Tennessee with a degree in legal studies. (Long story - don't ask. lol) I used to do a lot of commercial management and leasing, but now I'm down to just one shopping center. My management job takes very little time each month (my wife handles a lot of it), so I am free to run my electrical business.

Anyway, I'm presently a one-man show (just got started this past month) specializing in residential and light commercial service work. (Yes...I'm fully licensed and insured.) However, I will probably be partnering with a family member in the near future who has about ten years experience working with an industrial electrical company. With my strong business background and electrical skills, I'm hoping to build a "branded" service and contracting company. I've been doing my homework, and there is definitely a market for a professional, easily recognized, quality electrical service in my area.

I've been lurking here for the past several weeks, and have gained a great deal of insight into the best pricing strategy for my business, software, and more. I thank you all, and hope that I can contribute back to the forum.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Kevin
Trumpy Offline OP
Welcome along Kevin. [Linked Image]

R
Thanks Trumpy for giving me a chance to write something about me.

Worked in the Royal Dutch Airforce with generators and rotary converters 380/660 Volts 50Hz to 115/416 Volts 400 Hz.

Maintenance electr. in large food chain looking after refrigeration and lighting.

Emigrated as electrician from the Netherlands in 1988 to New Zealand, I started work for the Waitemata Electric Power Board in Henderson. Done transformer rewinding, overhaul, all aspects of substation work 11, 33 110 kV, panels, ocb's, busbar additions, metering 1Ø, 3Ø and TOU , calibration and repair, cable fault locations, fault work, streetlighting, ripple plant cyclo & zellweger, planning, RMU maintenance, Generator hookups etc. Through the last 15 years we went through about 5 more namechanges and now work for SIEMENS in the utility contracting business.

Too much paperwork now these days but still an interesting industry to work in. We are desperately short staffed, any one wants to live and work in Auckland??

Hobbies: electric clocks, collecting slave - masterclocks, kWh meters, Volunteer Firefighter ( station officer ) Train spotter and traveller, plant propagator, Like reel to reel tapedecks and reel to reel music. Married with wife and 2 kids

Kind regards and I really enjoy the forums

Raymond

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
X
Hi, Everybody. Randy here. I'm in central Florida. I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and I'm an electrician supervisor at the largest federal prison complex in the US. Been with the DOJ for 10 yrs. My first 12 yrs. in the trade, I did mostly industrial work. Lots of paper mills, foundries, and power plants. Mostly power plants. I've worked coal fire, refuse burning, natural gas, fuel oil, and nuclear. Voltages up to 69kv. Control wiring has always been a specialty of mine. I'm married 15 yrs. and have two kids. My hobbies are computers, my Harley, and home projects. Also, I must add that I've found this forum to be very interesting and very informative.

P
Welcome aboard everyone, from one of those dastardly redcoats! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I
Another sparky from FLA, welcome Randy.
Where abouts? I am in southern Brevard.
Palm Bay to be exact.

[This message has been edited by IanR (edited 12-22-2005).]

L
Welcome to all the new guys and gals.
A quick word...
Take a little time and fill out atleast some of your profile. We'd like to get to know a little about you. Let's make it easier to become friends and not just acquaintances.
Again, welcome.
Nice to meet you,
Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard