ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#59642 12/12/05 09:24 AM
S
sccat Offline OP
What's Ackerman System?

Thanks.

#59643 12/12/05 12:07 PM
D
Eletrically this may be it: http://www.microsens.de/index.php?idn=90&lang=en&nav=acc\
However, how about car wheel alignment:
ALIGNMENT
Wheel alignment is the mechanics of keeping all interrelated parts which affect steering in proper adjustment. There are five steering angles involved:
(a) CAMBER - The inward or outward tilt of the wheel at the top from the vertical. Positive tilts outward and negative tilts inward. It is measured in degrees.
(b) CASTER - The forward (negative), or rearward (positive) tilt of the kingpin at the top from the vertical, when referring to trucks. In cars having independent front suspension, the upper ball joint is set forward or rearward in relation to the lower ball joint. Caster is measured in degrees. See 'TRAIL DISTANCE'.
(c) TOE-IN/TOE-OUT - The front tires of a vehicle are adjusted closer together in the front than at the back for toe-in. The opposite setting is toe-out. It is measured in fractions of an inch.
(d) KINGPIN INCLINATION / STEERING AXIS INCLINATION -The inward tilt (side to side) of the kingpin or spindle support arm, at the top, from the vertical. Thus a line drawn down through the center plane of the tire and a line through the kingpin, or ball joints, would come closer together at the ground than at the top. See 'CENTER DISTANCE'.
(e) TURNING RADIUS (TOE-OUT ON TURNS) - The front tires assume a toe-out relationship to one another when making a turn. This makes allowance for the fact that they are forming different size circles around a common center. (Sometimes called the ACKERMAN SYSTEM).

#59644 12/12/05 03:40 PM
W
In an European context it could be this: http://www.ackermann.com/wps/portal/ackermann.de/

It is a manufacturer mainly of in-floor-installation material for professional environment. Seems not to be US listed so far.

But very common among professionals over here.

#59645 12/12/05 09:44 PM
S
sccat Offline OP
Thanks.

It must be "in-floor-installation material".

I cooperate with SOM in a project in China.

My English is poor and some words are difficult to understand.

Thanks again.

Is a "flood sensor system"/"flooding sensor system" needed in "in-floor-installation"?

#59646 12/13/05 07:00 AM
G
Uhhh, I hate to appear to be a bit "long in the tooth" here, but "A-J's" is what we used to call lead caulk-in bolts. You know, most guys have seen them, you drill a 5/8" hole, drop this device in with a lead outside and steel threads inside.

The "A-J" stands for Ackerman-Johnson. I have no clue as to if this is what you are talking about, but they used to make all sorts of fasteners.

#59647 12/13/05 08:17 AM
S
sccat Offline OP
Can you paste some photos here?

Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard