ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 227 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Renosteinke said:

Not every dryer uses 220. Perhaps someone will submit a pic of a "single pole" dryer :-)

Reno,

I have a 110 volt single-pole dryer.

It's a "compact" unit and they're sold under various brand names. The thing is about waist-high. I don't know who manufactures them, however.
http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=DRYERS&cat=119&prod=314

My mom has the same machine....just under a different brand. I think her's is Whirlpool, while mine is Crosley. The only difference is the quality of the trim and finish.

From the link Sven posted:
Electrical Requirements
15 OR 20 Ampere, 120 Volts, 60 Hertz (1/second). AC-ONLY. USE COPPER WIRE ONLY. A FOUR-WIRE OR THREE-WIRE, SINGLE PHASE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY REQUIRED. A TIME-DELAY FUSE OR CIRCUIT BREAKER AND SEPARATE CIRCUIT IS RECOMMENDED

I don't get it. What does a 4 wire 1Ø 120 Volt circuit look like?

M
quote"I don't get it. What does a 4 wire 1Ø 120 Volt circuit look like?

How about a dedicated isolated ground receptacle outlet ? One hot, one neutral, one isolated ground, one equipment ground conductor to ground the box.

Very Nice!! [Linked Image]
(Maybe we went a little off course by suggesting that the installer read the directions) [Linked Image]

S
Electure:

Yah....good question. Considering my little dryer plugs into a standard two-pin plus ground socket. [Linked Image]

Maybe sometimes reading the instructions isn't the best idea? [Linked Image]

Read the instructions??!! What, and ruin all the hours of fun and frolics; the tools hurled at the wall, the muttered expletives, the pieces broken off from trying to force assembly, the missing parts on a Sunday morning, the wife's sarcastic remarks? [Linked Image]
I just realised from the above link; the 'dryers' you're talking about are called 'tumble-dryers' in the UK, or seche-linge (linen-dryer) in Fr.

Alan

Wood work but can't!
T
Alan: you completely forget all the fun that comes from reading manuals that come with far-eastern goods! Unfortunately it seems like the English versions are _usually_ a lot better (i.e. correct English) than the German versions... but still there are lots of goodies around.

L
LK Offline
Funny thing in my area, the inspectors are pretty good, their seems to be one thing they always ask for on dryer installs, and that is the manufacture installation manual, so what we do is leave the manual on top of the dryer.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 11-23-2005).]

D
IM still laughing at the clothes line !!!!!!

Idont care who you are thats funny stuff right there!!!!!!

Electure you thought about becoming a comedian?????

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard