ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 540 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
sparky Offline OP
oh...ah...hmmm...well i wasn't refering to you( or anyone else) as a 'yuppy' for wearing fingerless gloves, i was agreeing with you, i , do it to!

besides, to be a Yuppy you gotta drive a 'beamer' and wear that little aligator on your cardigan....
(that's how they know each other i think..)
[Linked Image]

M
What do you mean unseasonably warm??? I usually mow my lawn on the day after Christmas here in Las Vegas. I usually don't need a heater for PVC in the summer, but yesterday I needed one to bend pipe in our T-shirt weather down here.

As my co-worker says "We only have two seasons here... HOT and NOT HOT."

Mike Wescoatt
D
Pretty nice here in Indiana right now. Lows into the 20's, highs in the 40's, and sun. But, last year, we were all fighting over who got to run the PVC, (thus be near the heater the most), and I spent a lot on LP tanks and gas for the LP heaters for us.

So far, our only reason for a Dec deadline this year is to have the space to be able to take off a half day on the 24th, but we'll be back at it on the 26th.

In order to see a SUPERYUPPY, you have to go to Orange County, CA.
"Classic" (I just think old) BMW.
Restaurant Mgr. Lives in Newport Beach, but doesn't surf or fish, just likes the address.
Lives in a condo, and payed $20,000 more just because it had an extra "e" in the name (Pointe sounds stupid to me).
These are my customers. Yuck.
They're a dime a dozen here.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 12-10-2001).]

P
We have 'em here as well. The Sloane Square district in central London became very fashionable with the "yuppy" types in the 1980s - £200,000 for a 600 sq. ft. apartment, obviously-mock upper-class accents, etc.

Half of them drove Range Rovers (4w drive, designed for off-road) costing upwards of £25,000 that never went outside London. It led to them being nicknamed "Sloane Rangers."

None of them around here thank goodness; mostly just normal folk struggling to pay their bills, although a few are a bit "rough around the edges" to put it kindly.

B
Don't worry, Paul. Once it becomes more chic to live in your area, you know, to escape the stress of the city and such, you'll have more of those Sloane Rangers than you ever wanted! [Linked Image] Lucky you!

N
The Yuppy's here are the worst paying customers. Always another lame excuse. Rather work for rough types the pay when due

ed
P
I very much doubt the "yuppies" would condescend to even visit here. This is about the closest merrie-old England gets to redneck/hillbilly country! The settlement I'm in doesn't even have paved roads - Very, very unusual for this country.

Ed,
I've never had any trouble getting paid around here. About 90% pay cash in full as I leave the job, and of the remainder I don't recall ever having to wait more than 2 weeks for a check (or "cheque" as it's called here).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard