ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#5755 12/05/01 09:36 PM
S
stan Offline OP
Well who has seen the telivision ads for MR.ELECTRIC they say call about their 13 or 15 point electrical inspection for free.
And it also say"s ask about their perfered customer benifits plan.Im guessing thats some sort of maintnance program.

My ? is what all is involved in the inspection and are they doing it for free just to get in their foot in the door .
Also what is their maintnance plan or maybe some of u guys do this . Im wanting to start something like this but dont know were to start or even how to advertise it and be able to sale it to my customers .
Could someone help a fellow contractor.

#5756 12/05/01 10:14 PM
R
If there is a "Free (however many) Point Inspection" that is not a come-on, I'd like to see it. Do you really think that there will ever be a case where nothing will be found that requires attention? I'd call this a "Marketing Strategy"

#5757 12/06/01 06:38 AM
S
Of course it's a marketing strategy, and as someone has already done the homework, copy it, he** do one better and offer something more in depth.

Ask the state AHJ , or Firemarshal for thier generic list of no-no's

Offer up some energy efficent retrofits and/or point out the energy hogs (as a 30A Hot H20 heater in a cold cellar, no blankie..)

Offer a sale on something simple, say a single staition inoization detector install.
[Linked Image]

#5758 12/06/01 12:35 PM
B
I'll even go one step further, and this is from a customer's perspective (always helpful when you're talking marketing...).

As a consumer and homeowner who considers herself at somewhat of a disadvantage maintenance-wise, I have often wondered just what I should look for in the systems in my house that should be annually maintained to prevent those crisis mishaps - i.e. wiring concerns, electrical load concerns, draining the sludge from my water heater, etc. Is there an inexpensive device that one can use that helps ensure the safe use of electricity (I have one of those things you plug into the wall that lights up in some combination to indicate some state of correct working order, but frankly, I'm not sure I could locate it and obviously I don't remember exactly what it does.) See, there really IS a market for a simple 'once over' check and hey, if you're honest, inexpensive and trustworthy, those single gals will recommend that all their single friends have their homes' inspected as well.

My church has a 'handyman ministry' and we're attempting to put together an annual check for the households that don't have their own handyman available. If you have suggestions of what to include, please share them!

Link Copied to Clipboard