ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
togol

I lean towards
www.softknees.com

Item 1010

These roll up from below.

Tesla
Tesla,
those are very nice, and the guy I get my Carhartts from is a dist. I'm gonna have to call him.....thanks

togol

Tom
C
All kidding aside, you'd be amazed at how much you can accomplish with linesman pliers, a t-stripper, a flathead, a phillips, and a pocket knife.

-Peter

Peter
D
I can top that CTwireman, some of my guys only use a hammer. Atleast thats what it looks like they used when they get done devicing an outlet =\

D
I would be impressed if a new guy showed up with some 409 and clean terry cloth towels. It seems its easy to forget that it cant look like a construction site when we are done. Especially those finger prints around devices.

S
Local Unions will have a tool list of what's required by the worker. Safety glasses, power tools, and specialty tools are not on the list. If you have these tools in your toolbox, and they are not contractor supplied, you are usually asked to take them home.

M
RE: >> Klein "10-in1 Screwdriver/Nutdriver" <<

While it's a very handy tool I'm a bit dubious about quality. A while back I broke the #2 Phillips bit. I was just tightening a screw and I wasn't overdoing it. Had a heck of a time finding a replacement. One supply house told me that a lot of guys had switched to another brand (the name escapes me). I eventually found a replacement but by and large I think the bits fall out a little too easily.

It's still in my bag though.

C
Regardless of what is on the tool "list"..."must haves" should include the Klien 10-in-1 and a set of linemans, Carhartts and Redwings(2 pairs - one insulated, one not insulated ~ NO STEEL TOES).

He may spend a good deal of time "admiring" the tools while staying warm in the Carhartts and Redwings unloading a truckload of 2x4 lay-ins on a damp/snowy day.

EDITED BELOW:
ADD:
A pencil and paper.

I have seen countless apprentices "reamed" because they didn't have the "right" tools.

[This message has been edited by Celtic (edited 10-09-2005).]

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard